Misery islands...etc

spider

We're planing on paddling out to the Miseries and general area this week. I see people launch from Manchester Harbor or Tucks Point.

Any big difference between the two ?

Are they both public launch sites?

Figure boat traffic will be light ...any places to avoid and what not ?

thanks.

We're planing on paddling out to the Miseries and general area this week. I see people launch from Manchester Harbor or Tucks Point.

Any big difference between the two ?

Are they both public launch sites?

Figure boat traffic will be light ...any places to avoid and what not ?

thanks.

Tucks point is residents only; there was a thread earlier in the summer on it. Dont know if they relax this after labor day ?

Manchester harbor has a small number of non resident parking spots but might be a difficult launch at low tide.

West beach, Beverly might also be an option post labor day.

Barry.

I have used West Beach in the "off season" but I'm not sure when the town stops harassing non-sticker parking. As a Beverly resident I'm not allowed to park there "in season". Other sites are a parking lot at the corner of the cove across from Kettle Island and Tuck Point in Beverly in the shadow of the Beverly-Salem bridge. Both of these are best kept to a few cars. Kevin Beckwith also uses a launch site in Salem Harbour, Forest River?

I have used West Beach in the "off season" but I'm not sure when the town stops harassing non-sticker parking. As a Beverly resident I'm not allowed to park there "in season". Other sites are a parking lot at the corner of the cove across from Kettle Island and Tuck Point in Beverly in the shadow of the Beverly-Salem bridge. Both of these are best kept to a few cars. Kevin Beckwith also uses a launch site in Salem Harbour, Forest River?

FYI

...this morning, the Manchester police said they are enforcing resident-only parking at Tuck's until Sept 30...

Tom

no more harassment at West Beach about stickers now.....can drive on in (at least during the week you can-i am not certain if they change that for the weekends).....

granted since i live around the corner i usually walk on towing my boats.......

rob