Cohaset Rip

JohnM

For you cohaset rip experts, Friday is a full moon with saturday producing a 9.04 ft high tide and a .31 low tide at cohaset harbor. Will this be big enough for play ? From what i can gather, the best play is on the flood...correct?

thanks...and considering a Sat paddle if others are interested.

John

For you cohaset rip experts, Friday is a full moon with saturday producing a 9.04 ft high tide and a .31 low tide at cohaset harbor. Will this be big enough for play ? From what i can gather, the best play is on the flood...correct?

thanks...and considering a Sat paddle if others are interested.

John

You are correct that the best play is on the flood. The big factor seems to be how low the water level is in the Gulf when the current switches. On a good day there are a couple of rocks on surfers right that are exposed when the current switches on a good day. If they are submerged when the current switches in my experience the features are washed out and much less rententive.

I also think that the conditions tend to be better with the larger tide cycle each day(which is at night this weekend I believe). This seemed to be the case during the last new moon, but there may have been other factors as well.