Paddling to Monomoy

Hal

In years past we paddled to Monomoy by launching at either the Causeway, Oyster Creek or Hardings Beach. We went down between North Monomoy and "south beach" to the break. Now that South Beach is connected to Monomoy and I am curious if you can still get through the pass between N and (formerly) S Monomoy for a return trip on the west of N. Monomoy. I think this question will only make sense to those who have paddled there before the new land bridge. Any recent information will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

... I am curious if you can still get through the pass between N and (formerly) S Monomoy for a return trip on the west of N. Monomoy.

You can get through, but there are lots of shoals, especially in the lower half of the tide. You can see the shoals and paths through them in a Google Earth image. Adam Bolonsky may have a discussion of it too, somewhere in his blog archives at http://paddlingtravelers.blogspot.com/

--David