NSPN/Carpediem Kayaking Fundraiser for MITA

jason

NSPN & Mark Schoon of Carpediem Kayaking will be hosting a fund raiser for the Maine Island Trail Association (MITA).

Mark will be leading a group of 4 people for two days of paddling including camping on one of the MITA islands in the Mount Desert Island area.

We will be looking for a minimum donation of $125 per person for this trip (Checks Payable to MITA).

To attend the trip you one has to be a current MITA member. ( How to Join MITA via NSPN )

The exact paddling location will depend on the weather and the participants paddling level. As for the daytime paddling that will also depend on the group and the groups goals. If the group would like to tour the majestec location of Mount Desert Island that would be a great option. Other options include strokes and rescues again TBD by the group and the conditions.

Please reply to this thread if you would like to sign-up for the trip and the amount that your willing to donate to MITA. Signup will be closed by the 20th. If we have more than 4 people that would like to attend a lottery will be held on the 21st with the winners will be posted back to the thread.

Thanks -Jason

NSPN & Mark Schoon of Carpediem Kayaking will be hosting a fund raiser for the Maine Island Trail Association (MITA).

Mark will be leading a group of 4 people for two days of paddling including camping on one of the MITA islands in the Mount Desert Island area.

We will be looking for a minimum donation of $125 per person for this trip (Checks Payable to MITA).

To attend the trip you one has to be a current MITA member. ( How to Join MITA via NSPN )

The exact paddling location will depend on the weather and the participants paddling level. As for the daytime paddling that will also depend on the group and the groups goals. If the group would like to tour the majestec location of Mount Desert Island that would be a great option. Other options include strokes and rescues again TBD by the group and the conditions.

Please reply to this thread if you would like to sign-up for the trip and the amount that your willing to donate to MITA. Signup will be closed by the 20th. If we have more than 4 people that would like to attend a lottery will be held on the 21st with the winners will be posted back to the thread.

Thanks -Jason

What a great fund raiser for MITA - well done!

Had the opportunity to spend a recent evening with Mark Schoon and got to hear some stories from his Norway trip. These will be great heard in the evening over a bottle of red wine!

Wish I could take part but am otherwise occupied. I bet Mark can teach a few tricks to make camping easier considering he was camping in Norway in the winter!

Suz

What a great fund raiser for MITA - well done!

Had the opportunity to spend a recent evening with Mark Schoon and got to hear some stories from his Norway trip. These will be great heard in the evening over a bottle of red wine!

Wish I could take part but am otherwise occupied. I bet Mark can teach a few tricks to make camping easier considering he was camping in Norway in the winter!

Suz

Not only is this trip a fundraiser for MITA but this is with Mark as Suz has pointed is just back from his Norway expedition. He is also a BCU Coach Level 4 that has graciously volunteered to lead this trip during his busy season!

For more details about Mark ask around in the club, many of us have taken classes with Mark or look at his web site:

http://carpediemkayaking.com/about.htm

MITA is a great organization and this is a great way to support them!

-Jason

Not only is this trip a fundraiser for MITA but this is with Mark as Suz has pointed is just back from his Norway expedition. He is also a BCU Coach Level 4 that has graciously volunteered to lead this trip during his busy season!

For more details about Mark ask around in the club, many of us have taken classes with Mark or look at his web site:

http://carpediemkayaking.com/about.htm

MITA is a great organization and this is a great way to support them!

-Jason

I'd like to go. Sign me up.

Peter

Jason

Maybe I'm missing something here (which my wife would say is normal) but when is this scheduled. I'm very interested and would like sign up.

Gerry

I see it in the title of the post but I might have a different view than you do.

The full title should be:

NSPN/Carpediem Kayaking Fundraiser for MITA

Kayak Camping Aug 1st to Aug 2nd at MDI

-Jason

Jason

Maybe I'm missing something here (which my wife would say is normal) but when is this scheduled. I'm very interested and would like sign up.

Gerry

Gerry does the weekend of Aug 1st and 2nd work for you? If so you could be the 4th on the trip.

Thanks -Jason

Gerry does the weekend of Aug 1st and 2nd work for you? If so you could be the 4th on the trip.

Thanks -Jason

Jason

I just realized I have a conflict that weekend and won't be able to go after all. Sorry!

Gerry

Jason

I just realized I have a conflict that weekend and won't be able to go after all. Sorry!

Gerry

Since we only had 4 people in the lottery for the 4 slots I didn't have to use computer to pick the winners and nobody will be upset! The lottery winners are Mark, Petter, Judy and Chris!

I would like to thank Mark Schoon for donating his time, Mark, Peter, Judy and Chris for signing up and supporting MITA.

I hope that they get excellent weather and we get a nice trip report to read about!

-Jason

Hi Jason -

I'm looking forward to it!

Will you be contacting us directly about next steps, logistics etc.? Or will Mark? Or should we contact him?

Thanks,

Judy

Peter doesn't know it yet, but I am going to talk to him and see if he is up to taking on the coordination. I will talk with him tonight. If not I will be getting in touch with everybody.

-Jason