Shetland Photos are posted

Brian Nystrom

It took a while, but I finally sorted through our photos from Shetland and posted some of them on Webshots. You can see them at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/brian_nystrom

The Shetland albums are on the second page.

I've reduced the photos is size to 640 x 480 for easy viewing, but full size 2592 x 1944 images are available to anyone who wants them. Just email me and tell me which ones you want, and I'll gladly forward them to you.

Hopefully, this will inspire some of you to visit this truly magical place. There's little doubt that we'll be going back, it's just a matter of when.

I can't take all the credit, as many of the photos are Linda's and she did a lot of organizing that made posting them easier. She and Scott also did nearly all of the planning for the trip. I owe a lot to both of them for letting me tag along.

As for the caving, we saw so much beauty in caves that we simply couldn't capture with a camera. The sounds, the textures, the feel and even the scents were really incredible. We also occasionally startled sleeping sea monsters. There's nothing like being in a tight spot between rocks and the sea in near blackness and hearing a HUGE splash as 300 pound seal flops off the rocks in front of you, to get the ol' heart a poundin'!

Overall, it was an amazing experience.