Canon PowerShot D10 Review (camera)

shewhorn

Thought some of you might be interested in this. It looks a bit more robust than the Pentax Optio W60 that I have. It also has a better waterproof rating (10 meters vs. about 3 on the Pentax if memory serves me correctly).

http://www.engadget.com/2009/06/25/canon-p...hot-d10-review/

The integrated tether is kind of gimmicky for most users but for kayakers I think it's a nice touch.

Cheers, Joe

Joe,

I actually own this camera, having the great fortune of receiving it for Father's Day. I've only taken a few token shots and keep forgetting to take it with me on the water, but it seems pretty straight forward, so far. I haven't owned a camera for a while, and my experience is pretty limited to SLR's and compact film cameras, so it'll be a while before I'm really up to speed on the digital features.

Jon

Thought some of you might be interested in this. It looks a bit more robust than the Pentax Optio W60 that I have. It also has a better waterproof rating (10 meters vs. about 3 on the Pentax if memory serves me correctly).

It does appear to be more durable than the Pentax, but possibly not more so than the Olympus. The review lost credibility with me because it didn't even acknowledge the existence of the Pentax and Olympus cameras. Some of its claims are not true because those cameras exist. To be a good review, it really need to compare to them.

Cheers!

Ty