Tall Ships -July 8th

Lbeale

I will probably launch out of Sing's Beach to see the tall ships--might also camp on one of the islands the night before if I can find overnight parking--

Anyone interested?

Les

Bumpkin and Grape are the Islands available for camping-- the best Island to see the Tall Ships probably is Peddocks.

The Ships should be arriving around noon.

I can book the either Island on-line.

For those who do not want to camp, maybe meet up with the kayak campers on Wednesday before noon?

Sing's Beach is a boat launch near UMass Boston on Morrissey (sp) Blvd in Dorchester.

You drive past UMass heading south on the BLVD-- past the boat club (Saving Hill, I believe) do a u-turn at the light-- take your first right after

the bridge.

Les

Bumpkin and Grape are the Islands available for camping-- the best Island to see the Tall Ships probably is Peddocks.

The Ships should be arriving around noon.

I can book the either Island on-line.

For those who do not want to camp, maybe meet up with the kayak campers on Wednesday before noon?

Sing's Beach is a boat launch near UMass Boston on Morrissey (sp) Blvd in Dorchester.

You drive past UMass heading south on the BLVD-- past the boat club (Saving Hill, I believe) do a u-turn at the light-- take your first right after

the bridge.

Les

Funny! I launch at that boat ramp pretty much every week and never knew it had a name. I'd love to join the trip, but can't afford to take the time off work. I may go out after work that day to see what I can see. If they are really doing some kind of staggered entrance I might still get to see something.

Funny! I launch at that boat ramp pretty much every week and never knew it had a name. I'd love to join the trip, but can't afford to take the time off work. I may go out after work that day to see what I can see. If they are really doing some kind of staggered entrance I might still get to see something.

Hi Marc:

I'd join you after work that day. What time would you launch ?

Barry.

Sing is actually a mega kayak surfer dude who has been/was a member of NSPN for many years. He also gave us many years of access to a most excellent pool in Chinatown and the neighbourhood's fine after session nosh.

Sing is actually a mega kayak surfer dude who has been/was a member of NSPN for many years. He also gave us many years of access to a most excellent pool in Chinatown and the neighbourhood's fine after session nosh.

Sing, aka David Moy, used to launch from that beach for mid-day paddles, I believe, when he worked in Chinatown as the director of the neighborhood youth center there. That's how the beach got that name, at least in this crowd.

Sing, aka David Moy, used to launch from that beach for mid-day paddles, I believe, when he worked in Chinatown as the director of the neighborhood youth center there. That's how the beach got that name, at least in this crowd.

OK, so I won't refer to it that way outside of NSPN. I'd probably get some blank stares throughout Southie and Dorchester if I started using it everywhere.

Barry, I'm not sure what time I'd launch, but could probably get over there by 5:30 or 6:00. What time would work for you?

OK, so I won't refer to it that way outside of NSPN. I'd probably get some blank stares throughout Southie and Dorchester if I started using it everywhere.

Barry, I'm not sure what time I'd launch, but could probably get over there by 5:30 or 6:00. What time would work for you?

I could make it over there by 6.

Barry.

Made reservation for the 7th on Bumpkin Island. If you plan on camping, you can make the reservation on line--it is $8.00 a night plus a reservation fee.

There are sites available but may not be soon--so if you are planning on camping for this event--make your reservation sooner than later.

Les

Aka Swearing Ferret

I will probably launch out of Sing's Beach to see the tall ships--might also camp on one of the islands the night before if I can find overnight parking--

Anyone interested?

Les

hey les - i'll be on the cape with the whole family mishpouha [that's yiddish for the whole gang]. but i could possibly come up for the wednesday launch.

please keep me posted.

karen

It also turns out the July 7th is a full moon--so looking to do some night paddling, camping, then off to paddle to Spectacle Island to watch the big guys come in to harba'. Could meet up with people who launch from S. Boston--

You can also decide to go with the commercial cruising boats that are charging $80.00 including food for the same event.

Les