REI Demo Day was a beautiful success!!!

hopefloats

Special thanks goes out to all who volunteered! The large group we had this year really made it a great time! We had a gorgeous day in the sun and a lot of traffic at our booth! Also Special thanks to Brian for letting us use his tent!!! Those of us manning the booth would have been lobsters by now without it!!!

View a few pics of the day:

http://www.nspn.org/forum/index.php?autoco...um&album=60

Hey great to have on-water shots too, Doug! Thanks!! I didn't realize we had wild life too! Turtles and everything!

Special thanks goes out to all who volunteered! The large group we had this year really made it a great time! We had a gorgeous day in the sun and a lot of traffic at our booth! Also Special thanks to Brian for letting us use his tent!!! Those of us manning the booth would have been lobsters by now without it!!!

Big THANKS to Betty Ann for taking over the organizing of this day as I am out of town. It looks like a great turn-out and the new banner looks fabulous Heidi. In fact, I have never seen the pop-up I loaned you as I have not used it yet. Wish I could have been there.

My first demo day. What a great example of what NSPN is all about. I thought I would be sitting in my kayak for a couple of hours waiting for one or two novices to flip over. Rather we we played so many roles: the on-water educators, the safety crew, the turtle inspectors, the pizza eaters, even boat lenders in a couple of cases. There was so many wonderful interactions between club members who had not seen each other over the winter, meeting members from other clubs, working with excited new paddlers, and the reps.

It was a great welcome to spring and a reminder of one great part of what is NSPN.

Al

Heidi ROCKS!!!! You do an AWESOME JOB representing NSPN at these events. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I had no idea what to expect and was pleasantly surprised at how much fun it was to be at this event. I'm not sure I did too much yesterday, except to maybe add some comic relief falling out of Doug's boat in front of a large group of volunteers who were enjoying their free pizza! Dinner and show, who knew? LOL!

Heidi ROCKS!!!! You do an AWESOME JOB representing NSPN at these events. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I had no idea what to expect and was pleasantly surprised at how much fun it was to be at this event. I'm not sure I did too much yesterday, except to maybe add some comic relief falling out of Doug's boat in front of a large group of volunteers who were enjoying their free pizza! Dinner and show, who knew? LOL!

From the pictures ,it was clear that NSPN made a great showing at this event!

Thanks to Betty and Heidi, and all the others!

Al's message sums it up. This kind of energy and involvement by our members makes us what we are.

Group efforts such as this strengthen us as a club , and in turn benefit the entire paddling community of which we are a part.

Y'all rock!

From the pictures ,it was clear that NSPN made a great showing at this event!

Thanks to Betty and Heidi, the all the others!

Al's message sums it up. This kind of energy and involvement by our members makes us what we are.

Group efforts such as this strengthen us as a club , and in turn benefit the entire paddling community of which we are a part.

Y'all rock!

A few more pics that G took...

http://gallery.me.com/kybeckwith/100113

I actually don't know who had more fun--the NSPNers, the WildTurkeyers or the people trying the boats--

On a slightly different note, I was disturbed by how many people trying out new boats no longer than 14 feet or less were planning to buy these boats to paddle from Weymouth or Quincy to some of the Boston Harbor Islands

I am glad that REI offered this opportunity for people to try out different boats in a safe environment--

The event however made me realize how much water safety education is needed--

Thank you everyone for a fun event--heidi does rock--

Les aka swearing ferret

Here are the NSPN'ers who volunteered for the REI day:

Heidi Hall

Betty Ann Schrempf

Leslie Beale

Kevin Beckwith

Gillian Beckwith

Al Coons

Glenn Crowley

Nathan Daniels

Bill Harter

Doug Hopkins

Scott LaFrance

Doug Mogill

Alex Otto

Sal Puglisi

(if anyone has been left off this list, give a holler)

Thanks, all! :cheer: