Dry suit neck gasket

risingsn

The neck gasket on my dry suit is slightly big. Thought it feels firm around my neck, if I'm doing a lot of twisting I take on a little water. It is a medium gasket. I did try a small but after passing out I thought it might be a little tight (OK, I didn't pass out but probably would have). I don't think I could have cut a small gasket back enough to work but I'm surly not an expert on this.

Again, I know their is a lot of expertise out there, suggestions?

Thanks,

Chuck

OS Systems (www.ossystems.com) sells neck seals in several sizes, all of which allow for a generous amount of trimming if necessary. They run on the small size, as even their XLarge is very tight on my 17" neck. Linda has a slender neck (~12.5") and she needed a Medium, which fit without trimming. The quality of their seals is excellent.

United Divers in Somerville (Washington St) has a lady who does great gasket work on dry suits. She will fit you and do the trimming, which will not only get you the right size, but you'll have a solid, heavy-duty gasket, properly installed and professionally trimmed with very sharp scissors. Of course, it costs some money ($70 or so, if I remember correctly), but if your neck is leaking now, it's only going to get worse (I speak from experience!)

--David

The neck gasket on my dry suit is slightly big. Thought it feels firm around my neck, if I'm doing a lot of twisting I take on a little water. It is a medium gasket. I did try a small but after passing out I thought it might be a little tight (OK, I didn't pass out but probably would have). I don't think I could have cut a small gasket back enough to work but I'm surly not an expert on this.

Again, I know their is a lot of expertise out there, suggestions?

Thanks,

Chuck

United Divers in Somerville (Washington St) has a lady who does great gasket work on dry suits. She will fit you and do the trimming, which will not only get you the right size, but you'll have a solid, heavy-duty gasket, properly installed and professionally trimmed with very sharp scissors. Of course, it costs some money ($70 or so, if I remember correctly), but if your neck is leaking now, it's only going to get worse (I speak from experience!)

--David

So Brian & David, It sounds like you are both recommending the replacement of the neck gasket, is that correct?

Thanks,

Chuck