Magazine Beach, Charles River, Cambridge Closed?

alcoons

Just drove by Magazine Beach on the Charles River in Cambridge. Looks like major construction. While I was not going in the right direction to confirm this, it appears that you cannot even enter the area more less launch there. Anyone know what is going on?

Al

• 2 weeks later...
I'm guessing, but it's probably related to the construction on the BU Bridge. They've been shutting down lanes left and right there. If I get a chance this week I'll wander over from work.

Phil

I tried to use Magazine Beach this weekend and the road into the park was blocked off with a construction site fence. Later, I learned that the park will eventually return, allowing access to the Charles. Until the construction is completed you can find parking 400 yards west, up-river, near the boat house. It worked out well for me--I found access to the water a couple hundred feet from the parking area.

Bryan Auday

I tried to use Magazine Beach this weekend and the road into the park was blocked off with a construction site fence. Later, I learned that the park will eventually return, allowing access to the Charles. Until the construction is completed you can find parking 400 yards west, up-river, near the boat house. It worked out well for me--I found access to the water a couple hundred feet from the parking area.

Bryan Auday

Thanks so much for the update. Can you tell us anything more about the parking? Was it in the small semi-circular driveway? That is usually pretty crowded on weekends. Was the put-in more-or-less on the river directly in-line with the parking?

Al - Fried from all the wonderful sun

Cetus - red/white