RESCHEDULE: 4th Annual New to Sea Kayaking Workshop

alcoons

4th Annual New to Sea Kayaking Workshop

RESCHEDULED to May 16

Need advice on getting started? Looking for others to kayak with? Wondering which type of kayak is right for you?

Don't miss our annual New to Sea Kayaking Workshop! Learn what equipment you'll need! Learn about safety. Find out what a beginner's trip is like. Plan future adventures! Discover places that offer classes! Mingle with new and experienced fellow kayakers!

Where: The Gould Barn, Topsfield, MA

When: Saturday, May 16th, 2009, 9 am - 12 pm

Fee: Free & open to the public!

Register: kayakclass@verizon.net (Al Coons)

Basic Overview: How to choose equipment: kayaks, paddles, clothing and additional equipment. Overview of skills, training and what to expect. Locating and experiencing initial on-water training. Open discussion and questions welcome! A great chance to meet new kayaking friends!

On the NSPN Calendar at: http://www.nspn.org/forum/index.php?act=ca...;m=5&y=2009

Pictures from last year's workshop.

Download the poster:

Nu2Ykng09May16.pdf

Ever at a put in - or anywhere for that matter - with your kayak on top of your car and someone asks you where you kayak and how you find folks to kayak with? Perfect opportunity to hand them a flyer for our beginners workshop!!!

Please print out a few of these (attached in above post) and leave them in your car just in case!

...or if you happen to be at one of our future events later in the season where we happen to have the club bin o' merchandise out (affectionately known as the "coffin")... grab a handful of brochures for just such an occasion... it's the best way we can keep reaching the community about all the great info and opportunities we have to offer!

Thanks!

:cheer:

If you do post at a public location, you might let everyone know here so we don't duplicate efforts, I posted flyers today at:

EMS, Comm Ave, Boston

City Sports, Comm Ave, Boston

Wilderness House, Comm Ave, Boston

REI, Fenway, Boston

----

Will replace old flyers at West Marine, Woburn.

--------

Anyone going by REI, Reading? Can you replace the old flyer posted by the bathroom (front right corner of the store as you enter)? You might also check to see if they have moved the location for posters. They are undergoing renovations.

Al

Can you replace the old flyer ..........

Or, phone and ask kindly if the Staff would please change the event date on the posted flyer, as I did today at EMS Concord (NH that is, as we do get a number of people "from away" passing through our beautiful State). Longshot perhaps, but effortless on my part. FWIW BBLean's across the street would not permit the flyer to be posted.

Gary

If you do post at a public location, you might let everyone know here so we don't duplicate efforts, I posted flyers today at:

EMS, Comm Ave, Boston

City Sports, Comm Ave, Boston

Wilderness House, Comm Ave, Boston

REI, Fenway, Boston

----

Will replace old flyers at West Marine, Woburn.

--------

Anyone going by REI, Reading? Can you replace the old flyer posted by the bathroom (front right corner of the store as you enter)? You might also check to see if they have moved the location for posters. They are undergoing renovations.

Al

Just went back to replace the flyers at West Marine, Woburn and the Ski Market, Woburn. Someone beat me to it. Thanks for getting the word out.

Anyone, please let me know where you have posted in the Winchester, Lexington, Woburn, Reading, Burlington area. It might save some duplication of effort. I should be hitting the Woburn YMCA, Stop and Shop in Winchester, the Woburn Whole Food later today.

OK... after the long weekend the following is where I was able to put up flyers:

Melrose, MA

Marathon Sports

Melrose YMCA

Wakefield, MA

Metro Fitness

Woburn, MA

Skimarket

Sports Authority

West Marine (yep - it was me, Al)

Burlington, MA

LLBean (Rob Hazard and I worked a booth for their in-store event this weekend, and left flyers behind as well)

Peabody/Danvers, MA

Eastern Mountain Sports (they wanted to contact you, Al, about maybe helping in some way!)

Skimarket

Trader Joes (said they would put it in their staff room)

(The Danvers West Marine was closed by the time I got there)

(Dicks Sporting goods wouldn't put anything up with out being approved by their corporate office)

Didn't make it to Liberty Tree's Sports Authority or the Lydon Pool...

Exeter, NH

Me and Ollie's Exeter (and Rye on Rte 33?)

Olympia Sports

On the Vine (community bulletin board)

Stop & Shop (community bulletin board)

Elements Diet & Fitness (they offered to be a possible venue for other future workshops)

Whew!!!! :sweats: I hope you start getting some RSVPs now, Al!

Seems like I've had the best response for posting things at coffee shops and fitness centers. Folks at outfitters seem to have more regulations than they used too... :BS:

...Although EMS always seems to be pretty willing to post things... Just food for thought if you are trying to decide where to hang flyers in your respective necks of the woods... :captain:

...And of course I will be handing out a stack at REI Demo Day this coming Saturday...

Thanks everyone for your continued efforts!!! :hug:

P.S. Can you tell it's been a long day and I'm punchy now?! :rolleyes: Signing off and goin' to bed!!!

OK... after the long weekend the following is where I was able to put up flyers:

Melrose, MA

Marathon Sports

Melrose YMCA

Wakefield, MA

Metro Fitness

Woburn, MA

Skimarket

Sports Authority

West Marine (yep - it was me, Al)

Burlington, MA

LLBean (Rob Hazard and I worked a booth for their in-store event this weekend, and left flyers behind as well)

Peabody/Danvers, MA

Eastern Mountain Sports (they wanted to contact you, Al, about maybe helping in some way!)

Skimarket

Trader Joes (said they would put it in their staff room)

(The Danvers West Marine was closed by the time I got there)

(Dicks Sporting goods wouldn't put anything up with out being approved by their corporate office)

Didn't make it to Liberty Tree's Sports Authority or the Lydon Pool...

Exeter, NH

Me and Ollie's Exeter (and Rye on Rte 33?)

Olympia Sports

On the Vine (community bulletin board)

Stop & Shop (community bulletin board)

Elements Diet & Fitness (they offered to be a possible venue for other future workshops)

Whew!!!! :sweats: I hope you start getting some RSVPs now, Al!

Seems like I've had the best response for posting things at coffee shops and fitness centers. Folks at outfitters seem to have more regulations than they used too... :BS:

...Although EMS always seems to be pretty willing to post things... Just food for thought if you are trying to decide where to hang flyers in your respective necks of the woods... :captain:

...And of course I will be handing out a stack at REI Demo Day this coming Saturday...

Thanks everyone for your continued efforts!!! :hug:

P.S. Can you tell it's been a long day and I'm punchy now?! :rolleyes: Signing off and goin' to bed!!!

Wow Heidi. That is beyond the call of duty. Hope you slept off the punchiness.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks.

Posted at REI Hingham, and in about an hour REI Reading, followed by REI Framingham Wednesday.

Ern

Hi folks.

Posted at REI Hingham, and in about an hour REI Reading, followed by REI Framingham Wednesday.

Ern

Thanks Ern. We are up to 15 registered participants and climbing.