Photos from Greenland Session

Nancy Hill

Back in January, Kevin attended a Walden Qajaq Society pool session in Waltham. He had so much fun that he wanted to share his experience with NSPN and asked if we would come and give a Greenland skills session for the club. We were happy to oblige, and last night, 8 members of the Walden Qajaq Society showed up with tuiliks, paddles and kayaks to outfit the members of NSPN who had signed up for the session. We all had a lot of fun once everyone was outfitted and shoehorned into their respective kayaks.

I hate to make excuses, but I was having a lot of trouble with my camera. Here is a link to the pictures I salvaged from the much larger set that was taken last night. Some were taken by me and some were taken by Miriam Levine (even though my name shows in the corner).

http://picasaweb.google.com/nanchill/NSPNG...feat=directlink

-Nancy Hill

I want to echo the thanks! Kevin and I had an amazing time last night and I can't figure out why it took us so long to do this! You guys were incredibly kind in lending us your gear, boats, and your knowledge.

I will have to say I haven't worked that hard at a pool session since I first started paddling and I forgot how fun it was to learn something new. Will - thank you for your teaching skillz - I got in my boat and next thing I knew you had me upside down and figuring out how to feel my body and boat again - I can't believe I almost got a hand roll! Thank you to Nancy and Scott and Will, Ralph, Dan and everyone who was a part of the session last night. Kevin and I can't stop talking about how cool it was and how quickly we can get boats and tuliks, so we can join you all more frequently.

I'm only sorry we missed the pizza afterwards! I will definitely see you guys at the April sessions. I know it won't be the kind of instruction we got yesterday but maybe if Kevin and I give you our big doe eyes you'll come help us out :)

Thank you again and a wonderful job!!!!!

A HUGE thank you to the Walden Qajaq Society for one of the best clinics I've ever participated in! They arrived en masse -- people and boats and gear (enough for all of us) -- and proceeded to share their enthusiasm, skills, and teaching ability with us. The photos Nancy posted show a lot of teaching, a lot of learning, and a lot of fun going on. We all received one-on-one intensive coaching -- I really appreciate the time that Nancy, Judy and Dan all spent with me, with the result that I accomplished way more than I'd hoped for and gained a better feeling for the relation between body and boat. I'm seriously tempted to do more ...

And after doing rolls in Nancy's little Greenland boat, the Explorer is going to feel like an SUV.

Thank you!

A HUGE thank you to the Walden Qajaq Society for one of the best clinics I've ever participated in! They arrived en masse -- people and boats and gear (enough for all of us) -- and proceeded to share their enthusiasm, skills, and teaching ability with us. The photos Nancy posted show a lot of teaching, a lot of learning, and a lot of fun going on. We all received one-on-one intensive coaching -- I really appreciate the time that Nancy, Judy and Dan all spent with me, with the result that I accomplished way more than I'd hoped for and gained a better feeling for the relation between body and boat. I'm seriously tempted to do more ...

And after doing rolls in Nancy's little Greenland boat, the Explorer is going to feel like an SUV.

Thank you!

I'll definitely join the chorus of praise on this one. The session was even better than I had hoped. It looked as if every person in the water was having a great time and I definitely learned a lot from a bunch of great people. Special thanks to Nancy for helping me arrange the session, Judy for coordinating our end of it, Ralph and Will for working with me the entire time and Scott for turning around and coming back with equipment when he saw us arrive a tad late. The only unfortunate product of the night is that I can't get the "Where's pretty boy?" question out of my head! :wacko::blink:;)

Gillian,

<..maybe if Kevin and I give you our big doe eyes you'll come help us out...>

I cannot say that any of the Pond Scum looked particularly to be in need of organ donations?

Thank you everyone involved for a great evening -- I gained plenty of valuable tips and refresher pointers! Man, was I ever sore around the small of my back, the next day!