Sat 1/17 Rockport

rossjb1

Where would be launching from in "Rockport"?

- Curious but undecided

Cathy and I are working on that. I thought I would put the idea out and

come to a group consensus. I have actually never launched right from the town. I am open to ideas Ross

Granite Pier, if cleared, also offers a relatively protected launch site tucked in the harbour. Nearby there are several alternatives providing access to various Cape Ann destinations.

Lane's Cove has a parking lot at the far end of the Duley Street entrance that has been essentially empty this time of year. Small groups can also park where the road crosses over a culvert depending on snow conditions.

Pebble Beach may or may not be an alternative, I'm not sure how the town would respond to cars parked at the side of the road if they haven't cleared it beyond two lanes.

I don't know how things are at Greasy Pole as far as parking is concerned.

I'm not going. Forecast is for extreme cold temps. Need those fingers and toes for future paddles!

Yes Kim and I were just out for a walk and the temps are really cold. We'll have plenty more weekends. I'll probably do some x-country skiing the conditions have been very good for that. Get in touch if anyone is interested. Ross