PIERCE ISLAND to ODIORNE

Doug

I couldn't make this paddle today but was in the area on business. The temp was a brisk 23 degrees with hardly a puff of wind. The sea was calm as can be. I managed to locate the NSPN group from 3 vantage points and proceeded to take some pictures of the crew for all to enjoy. They picked a perfect day.

go to:

http://pixel8er.shutterfly.com/199

Enjoy,

Doug

post-100651-1231634660_thumb.jpg

Hey Doug,

Thanks for the great photos. Sorry you couldn't be on the water with us.

It was cold but just a great day to be on the water. An all day strokes and maneuvering workshop.

Paddlers are Cathy, Jon, Laura, Peter and Ross.

Thanks for the fine photos, Doug. They do capture much of the feel of the afternoon's paddle & return from Wallis Sands . Lots of poking around amidst rocks in calm waters . It was a big tide difference, so lots of rocks exposed towards low tide, as you can see.

I edited the photos and put them on my other web viewer. Much more detail and contrast.

Thanks Doug. Bad enough that Friday due to an early launch time I bowed out of a Sat. Brunswick to Portland paddle that turned out great and then I spent Sat knowing it must be nice in Portsmouth and kicking myself for not getting stuff together. Then I have to sit here and watch a 100 photo slide show of great pictures of folks having a nice paddle. It made me think about getting out today until I woke up and found several inches of fluffy powder, went to basement, looked at kayak, looked at skis, looked at snow, and concluded maybe it was time to start skiing. Seriously, nice shots. Looks to have been a nice day indeed.

Ed Lawson

Who picked the wrong wax too. Not my weekend.

I couldn't make this paddle today but was in the area on business. The temp was a brisk 23 degrees with hardly a puff of wind. The sea was calm as can be. I managed to locate the NSPN group from 3 vantage points and proceeded to take some pictures of the crew for all to enjoy. They picked a perfect day.

go to:

http://pixel8er.shutterfly.com/199

Enjoy,

Doug

Hey Doug....was great to see you Saturday. What a surprise! Wish you could have been on the water with us....perfect conditions as you saw. We missed ya! Thanks so much for the great pics.