Hermit I. Greenland Weekend 9-26/28

EEL

Last call for those interested in attending this gathering of of those who use, might use, or interested in exploring using Greenland paddles and or SOF boats. Event is planned to be a casual gathering of paddlers with an emphasis on Greenland boats and paddling. Hermit I. campground provides a wonderful place to enjoy a variety of paddling opportunities from gunkholing along coast, visiting islands in the bay, to surfing at Popham. In addition to paddling, there will be the opportunity to learn from some of the more experienced GP paddlers in New England.

No fee to attend. No pre-registration. Just come to the campground, let them know you are with the Greenland Paddling Group so you get assigned one of the sites set aside for the group, pay, set up camp, and join the fun.

Rates are $32/night for a site and up to four people per site. If you have more than one car per site, there is an additional charge of $5/night and the extra car needs to be parked in a separate lot.

Meals are each party's responsibility, but a pot luck dinner is anticipated Sat.

Friday afternoon is a free time and each evening an outline of the next day's activities will be developed which will include mentoring of GP skills and paddles to suit different interests.

If you intend to attend, please notify me by Sept. 12 so I can give the campground a count of of participants.

Ed Lawson

• 4 weeks later...

Hermit Island Greenland Event has been rescheduled for Columbus Day weekend as a two day event. Still planning on some Friday night arrivals, a pot luck dinner on Sat. Obviously folks are free to stay and paddle on Monday as well.

Ed Lawson