Boat repair tape -- group buy?

djlewis

Some folks (on Paddling.net) are recommending this product -- Grace, 9" x 75', Vycor Plus Self-Adhered Flashing -- as repair tape for holed boats, over Denso tape or Bituthane.

http://tinyurl.com/5pao77

Here's the thread...

http://tinyurl.com/6dsvdj

I'm rebuilding my repair kit (mine was probably snagged by the TSA for having a cigarette lighter too visible) and would like to consider this. Anybody have experience with it?

If it's good, anybody interested in a group buy? That 9" x 75' roll could be gotten by mail for around $42 with shipping. If we could divide it at least 10 ways, it'd be well worth it at say $5 for 7' x 9", probably a lifetime supply. It might be available in different sizes from local roofing contractors.

If interested in a piece of this, reply here or to -- djlewis at triadic dotty commie

--David.

I have dealt with Grace products and not found them any different than bituthane, some are thicker or need primers...

Other than denso, the best stuff I have seen is the door and window flashing (6"x25' roll) from Home Depot. It is a little thinner than Grace or Bit and easy to work with. About 25$

All this stuff likes a dry surface...

I have dealt with Grace products and not found them any different than bituthane, some are thicker or need primers...

Other than denso, the best stuff I have seen is the door and window flashing (6"x25' roll) from Home Depot. It is a little thinner than Grace or Bit and easy to work with. About 25$

All this stuff likes a dry surface...

I've got a big roll of Pella window flashing if you want some.