SATURDAY, SATURDAY, SATURDAY....

rick stoehrer

just like the announcer for the the car shows, right?

so SATURDAY, will be heading down to the breachway in RI...it'll be going off midafternoon. this is fast, fast water and has some standing waves.

what you get out of it is some coaching on breaking in/out of eddies, boat control, surfing and time (the best teacher) in your boat in rougher water...what we'll get out of it is race bait rescue warmup for the RWS at the end of the month!

this is a fairly advanced piece of water but it's relatively contained, there are bailouts.

please be familiar performing low/high braces and BRING A HELMET!

if you're worried about ending up outta yer boat? don't worry...you're liable to and it's why you're there....we need the practice establishing the safety zones, where we're going to "catch" swimmers and and the rescue practice! and hell, time in the boat in bumpy water is always excellent! it's all good!

please post or hit that PM button if you're interested.

Rick -

I might be interested (I make a good crash test dummy). Are you talking Charlestown or Galilee (sp?).

Phil

neither.

i'm not posting the name of it on purpose...it's limited manuvering - a place where too many boats would be a nuisance and a danger to power/sail boaters. not a place i'd advertise.

we'll go, we'll use it in a controlled fashion and leave nobody cranked off in our wake.

Dammit, man, why not SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY?

Do you want to go down again, Mr. Stoehrer? (I suppose not...)

paddling somewhere on SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY...if the weather/tides cooperate to fishers...but i haven't checked either of those 2 variables yet...or come to think of it, the far more important spousal variable.....give me a call later.

paddling somewhere on SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY...if the weather/tides cooperate to fishers...but i haven't checked either of those 2 variables yet...or come to think of it, the far more important spousal variable.....give me a call later.

Spent some time bouncing round mouth of Mrerrimack in tide change and wished for some backup. This Sat. trip looks like good place to learn. Count me in.

g.

just like the announcer for the the car shows, right?

so SATURDAY, will be heading down to the breachway in RI...it'll be going off midafternoon. this is fast, fast water and has some standing waves.

what you get out of it is some coaching on breaking in/out of eddies, boat control, surfing and time (the best teacher) in your boat in rougher water...what we'll get out of it is race bait rescue warmup for the RWS at the end of the month!

this is a fairly advanced piece of water but it's relatively contained, there are bailouts.

please be familiar performing low/high braces and BRING A HELMET!

if you're worried about ending up outta yer boat? don't worry...you're liable to and it's why you're there....we need the practice establishing the safety zones, where we're going to "catch" swimmers and and the rescue practice! and hell, time in the boat in bumpy water is always excellent! it's all good!

please post or hit that PM button if you're interested.

[/quote

sounds like some thing that I would like to do! I need practice getting back in my boat!!!

any way , I am scheduled to be on the cape starting Monday (dropping off my Force 3 for warranty repair) Let me know when/where.

maryb,nh

Rick, I'm interested but would like to know where it is so I can gauge how far I'd have to travel. And would you allow someone into your trip who wrote about you whimpering on the beach? I promise I won't do it again....

kate

Rick,

I'm very interested.

Blaine B.

Thanks for posting this, Rick, it's an opportunity many of us would like to take you up on, and I think there's a fair amount of invisible interest ... so I'm posting this just to make some of that visible. Count me among those (like Sir Christopher) who're very interested but very stuck elsewhere on Saturday. Arrrgh.

Sorry, but I'm new to this way of putting together a trip. How does it work -- if we're invited, we'll get a PM or email? At what point do we assume we are not among the chosen, and get busy with other plans?

Just trying to figure out how this works. There's another trip I'd like to jump onto before it's too late if this one is full.

Blaine

Sorry, but I'm new to this way of putting together a trip. How does it work -- if we're invited, we'll get a PM or email? At what point do we assume we are not among the chosen, and get busy with other plans?

Just trying to figure out how this works. There's another trip I'd like to jump onto before it's too late if this one is full.

Blaine

blaine....sent you a pm earlier.

was only looking for 2 or 3...got 3.