Tuesday 8/5/08

Gcosloy

Anyone up for a paddle. Looks like terrific weather. North Shore: Tuck's or Lanes

[/quote

I am interested. I haven't paddled out of Tucks or Lane Cove so will need posted info as to which one and when launching as I will be coming from NH. I believe I was on some paddles with you last summer out of Marblehead.

Scott

I’m up for it too, at 11:30.

But, I was disappointed that I could not circumnavigate Cape Ann with you guys last week. I don’t know if the tides, winds and swells are still favorable for it tomorrow.? Did you guys get stopped by the thumpers on your last attempt? Any chance of pulling it off tomorrow? I don’t like bucking traffic early in the morning but I’d do it if we could attempt to make it all the way around.

Sid

I’m up for it too, at 11:30.

But, I was disappointed that I could not circumnavigate Cape Ann with you guys last week. I don’t know if the tides, winds and swells are still favorable for it tomorrow.? Did you guys get stopped by the thumpers on your last attempt? Any chance of pulling it off tomorrow? I don’t like bucking traffic early in the morning but I’d do it if we could attempt to make it all the way around.

Sid

You didn't miss it. Leon had a conflict with the launch time and no one else was interested. To take advantage of ideal tides and winds tomorrow for a Cape Ann circle we would need to launch at 9AM and go clockwise. I'm still a little sore from Saturday's paddle so I'd just as soon take it easy around the Islands in Salem Sound. tomorrow.

You didn't miss it. Leon had a conflict with the launch time and no one else was interested. To take advantage of ideal tides and winds tomorrow for a Cape Ann circle we would need to launch at 9AM and go clockwise. I'm still a little sore from Saturday's paddle so I'd just as soon take it easy around the Islands in Salem Sound. tomorrow.

OK, we can circumnavigate Cape Ann at some later date, hopefully. Unlike you I’ve had a lot of rest from paddling this week although I've done some hard physical work. If you’d like to take it easy then I could use more rolling practice in salt water. I could bring along $$$ for the Trustee’s at Misery Island and practice in the cove? Or we can practice in one of the coves on the way to Gloucester. I have to show of that new roll I did on Great Pond and make sure it’s not a fluke. 11:30 at Tucks then? I’d like to drive off by 5:30 PM. If we have great weather I don’t think it’s a problem if I head back alone. Leon my be deep into the quest for bass at 5:30 PM especially if we don[t get on the water till Noon.

Sounds like a plan. The channel between the Miseries is a good place to practice also and the trustees never hang out on Little Misery. (Not that I'm recommending same to avoid payment!)