neck latex gasket rash-any suggestions

glad

I was irritated all day yesterday in the front of my neck gasket on my dry suit. Today I have a rather ugly rash ( had to put makeup on it for an interview this afternoon). I don't think it's latex allergy but the pulling of the skin in that area. I do have sensitive skin.

Any suggestions? Do you think I could use a little silicone lubricant on my skin? Powder?

Karen

Guest guest

Hi Karen,

First of all - good paddling with you last Sunday ... though I have to say I've never been slapped by a person trying to rescue me. Do you do that to everyone? :)

Not sure I can help with the rash, but if I were interviewing someone displaying any type of wound received from trying to remain active ... they would get the job or whatever the interview was for. Loose the makeup, (not needed), and figure a way to get kayaking into the discussion.

And good luck with your interview ... not sure it's for a job, but I just landed a position after 11 mths off ... and the wait was worth it. (I hope)

John King

Guest guest

I came up with something today that might work for you. No need to shave, or not shave. I had a cold and when I pulled my neck gasket up my head I dragged it across my runny nose. When we got out of the water I did not have even a suggestion of a neck rash.

Guest guest

I second Sing's suggestion. I also had that problem - we spent many of hours in the surf (in the summer) where the salt water would dry, leave the salt residue and cause the irritation.

Most recently I used the silicone (from Sing) -- no problems.

Sean