Necky Looksha4

Jasonfouser

While I'm posting... For what its worth I am also interested in getting a look at the Necky Looksha4 RM boat to see what I can expect on our trip. If someone has this boat and would be willing to let me look at it / take it for a spin I'm willing to drive anywhere to take a gander.

Call Jason @978-356-3031

Thanks...

While I'm posting... For what its worth I am also interested in getting a look at the Necky Looksha4 RM boat to see what I can expect on our trip. If someone has this boat and would be willing to let me look at it / take it for a spin I'm willing to drive anywhere to take a gander.

Call Jason @978-356-3031

Thanks...

Jason

I have a Necky Looksha IV RM (2001 model) with rudder. I live in Exeter, NH. You are welcome to come up and take it out for a spin. E-mail me at cathyfoley@aol.com.....subject line: Necky Looksha

Hi Jason,

I HAD a Looksha IV HV composite until last year. The normal volume IV had tight footwells for me, but the taller and a wider HV fit fine. Both versions exhibit only moderate primary stability for a novice, but that's overcome relatively quickly. Secondary is outstanding, and acceleration is pretty quick as waterline is short. Hence they weathercock like a sonofabitch, requiring use of rudder as a skeg. If you get one with a Smart-Line rudder at least you then get stable footpegs to help hold it on edge. Interestingly I remember the IV as being more like my current Cetus (quick, windy, but less stable) than my Force5 (trackier).

I think the RM normal IV may be only about 55lbs...not too bad, but the HV RM is closer to 60.

I'd make the decision based upon whether you want to deal with a rudder in winds to improve tracking. If not, then get a trackier hull.

Other pluses are a nice, quiet glide, but having no rocker in the rear lengthens turns, despite the high, short waterline bow.

I think Necky's reusing the Looksha name for a new hull this year...as well for a different Looksha V RM that didn't sell well last year (at least at REI).

So do your homework.

Best.

Ern