Cape Ann circle

Gcosloy

Tomorrow sunny, moderate wind, low seas. L tide 12:15, H tide 6:30PM. Winds from the west early turning south later in afternoon.

Ideal scenario: leave Lane's cove noon clock wise by the time we reach the gap we have following winds all the way to the jetty. Into Gloucester harbor on a rising tide and through the canal. by the time we make the push up the Annasqaum back to Lanes we're at slack tide. Should be ideal for slow pokes like me.

FRI

W WINDS 5 TO 10 KT...BECOMING S EARLY IN THE AFTERNOON.

SEAS 2 TO 4 FT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND TSTMS IN THE AFTERNOON.

SOME TSTMS MAY PRODUCE GUSTY WINDS...FREQUENT LIGHTNING AND SMALL

HAIL IN THE AFTERNOON.

Trip cancelled-----another time!

Looking at the hourly weather forecast, it seems that the t-storms aren't due till after 5pm, and even then, it's less than a 30% chance. It would be a shame to miss out on what looks to be a great day. As always, just use good judgment on the water and keep an eye on the sky. My 2 cents.

Looking at the hourly weather forecast, it seems that the t-storms aren't due till after 5pm, and even then, it's less than a 30% chance. It would be a shame to miss out on what looks to be a great day. As always, just use good judgment on the water and keep an eye on the sky. My 2 cents.

Bill,

Most of the time, you're right. I don't know what happened in Gloucester today but about 1:45PM in Wayland the skies opened up and dumped about 3 inches in 15 min. This went on for another half hour. Not many but some lightening strikes as well. While, I'm usually overly conservative and usually regret it, this time I think I made the right call.

What do you mean "most" of the time I'm right? Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken :)

Seriously though, I know what you are saying.

Looking at the radar right now, it looks like Gloucester is just getting it. The thing is with this typical summer weather pattern, if you go strictly by the weather forecast you may never actually get on the water. Judgement and an eye to sky is the best policy.