Manchester to Misery

Gillian

Had a lovely paddle out of Tuck(s)? Point in Manchester, with Kevin, Chris Mabon, and Sir Christopher on Monday this week. After deciding to play hooky from work we headed out and launched at about 10:30 (we think we just missed Gene's group going out - hope you guys had fun). We headed out to House Island, played in the rocks, and some nice swell coming in.

I was in the Pintail for the first time and found a lower volume to be a much better fit than my Explorer. I even found myself paddling more efficiently in the Pintail despite the rocker and skeg part way down . . .Christopher also let me try out his new Nordkapp LV (she's a beauty!) between the Misery's and I loved that one as well . . . I will be on the lookout for a new boat in the coming weeks! We stopped on Little Misery for a quick break and to take a look at the old ship wreck there which was completely exposed.

The water wasn't too cold, and incredibly clear . . . all in all it was a relaxing paddle, only about 5 or 6 NM but had some great rock and surf play. I stayed in the "puppy" end of the rocks, but what the hell, I still had fun :) Thanks for a wonderful day!

:hug:

Had a lovely paddle out of Tuck(s)? Point in Manchester, with Kevin, Chris Mabon, and Sir Christopher on Monday this week. After deciding to play hooky from work we headed out and launched at about 10:30 (we think we just missed Gene's group going out - hope you guys had fun). We headed out to House Island, played in the rocks, and some nice swell coming in.

I was in the Pintail for the first time and found a lower volume to be a much better fit than my Explorer. I even found myself paddling more efficiently in the Pintail despite the rocker and skeg part way down . . .Christopher also let me try out his new Nordkapp LV (she's a beauty!) between the Misery's and I loved that one as well . . . I will be on the lookout for a new boat in the coming weeks! We stopped on Little Misery for a quick break and to take a look at the old ship wreck there which was completely exposed.

The water wasn't too cold, and incredibly clear . . . all in all it was a relaxing paddle, only about 5 or 6 NM but had some great rock and surf play. I stayed in the "puppy" end of the rocks, but what the hell, I still had fun :) Thanks for a wonderful day!

:hug:

Yes I think we saw you and waved as you were leaving the harbor. LeonG, Bill Lord and I headed toward Magnolia, found one passage through half rocks during the low tide and played among the rocks down to Black Beach or Kettle Cove. Leon caught a couple of strippers that needed throwing back. After lunch went over to the Miseries and contemplated rolling in the Cove. Only Leon was brave enough. I was in my shorty farmer john hydroskin and thought better of the prospect. The tide was flooding in to the cove and fresh water is always the coldest.

Last week Sid Cohen, Leon and I paddled from Tuck's up to Half Moon Beach in Gloucester Harbor. Little over 17 statue miles. Perhaps a longer paddle than planned but without real hardship. Seas and winds were favorable.