Salem to Thatchers, around Cape Ann and back to Salem

Kevin B (RPS Coach)

For those who might be interested in trying kayak camping but don't want to travel too far in the age of high gas prices, this might be for you. I'm in the process of planning the above trip with an overnight on Thatchers Island. This would be a great chance to try out all of your camping gear/techniques. The trip would take place after July 1st as camping is only allowed from 7/1-9/15. Also, it is very basic camping, with no facilities except for a privy so plan accordingly. If you are interested, please email or post interest here. I will be limiting the number in the group.

Multiple nights of camping don't bother me so much. It's more that I'm guarding my vacation days closely, since I'm hoping to go to Utah for a week later this year. I hear there's some good slot canyon paddling on Lake Powell. If anyone has any other trip recommendations along those lines I'd be happy to hear them.

Kevin

Multiple nights of camping don't bother me so much. It's more that I'm guarding my vacation days closely, since I'm hoping to go to Utah for a week later this year. I hear there's some good slot canyon paddling on Lake Powell. If anyone has any other trip recommendations along those lines I'd be happy to hear them.

Kevin

Kevin:

Look up Jeff Casey: he's the local expert on slot canyons out west and did Lake Powell a few years ago.

Scott

• 2 weeks later...