Maine to Newfoundland (or bust)...

gstamer

I'm preparing for a solo circumnavigation of Newfoundland starting this June and need some help with kayak transport. The container with my kayak (NDK Greenlander Pro) is delayed. It might arrive in time, but I need to make alternate plans just in case. Plan "B" is to use a kayak from Tom Bergh's stock in Maine. I need help getting the boat from Tom's shop to Newfoundland (ideally St. John's but anywhere will do).

If anyone is traveling from Maine to Newfoundland between now and the second week of June, and would like to help by transporting an extra boat, please give me a shout! Depending on when you are traveling, I might be able to join you in Maine and help with gas and expenses, but if this is not an option, just getting the kayak to Newfoundland will be a major help.

Alternatively, if anyone knows of another economical way for me to get the boat from Maine to Newfoundland (short of renting a car), please let me know.

Thanks!

Greg Stamer

I'm preparing for a solo circumnavigation of Newfoundland starting this June and need some help with kayak transport. The container with my kayak (NDK Greenlander Pro) is delayed. It might arrive in time, but I need to make alternate plans just in case. Plan "B" is to use a kayak from Tom Bergh's stock in Maine. I need help getting the boat from Tom's shop to Newfoundland (ideally St. John's but anywhere will do).

If anyone is traveling from Maine to Newfoundland between now and the second week of June, and would like to help by transporting an extra boat, please give me a shout! Depending on when you are traveling, I might be able to join you in Maine and help with gas and expenses, but if this is not an option, just getting the kayak to Newfoundland will be a major help.

Alternatively, if anyone knows of another economical way for me to get the boat from Maine to Newfoundland (short of renting a car), please let me know.

Thanks!

Greg Stamer

Hey Greg,

Have you checked in with the Newfoundland outfitters? They very well may have someone delivering boats up that way in which case, perhaps your boat could tag along. I have forgotten the name of the St. Johns outfitter that sells NDK boats, he would be where I would start. It needn't be NDK boats that are being delivered. Perhaps the Old Town factory has boats heading up that way and then your GP could hitchhike with them. Tom has Old Town (Johnson Outdoors) contacts if you need a name.

Best,

Suz

Thanks!

Greg Stamer

Hey Greg, We met @ Sweetwater kayaks. I lived in newfoundland for a year in the early '70s & it is beautiful place. This is a trip that always interested me. Good luck on your paddle! Chuck