Exploring Monomoy's Southway, Memorial Day Weekend

glad

I am anxious to paddle down the Southway [correct me if I am wrong-but I am thinking this is the body of water between South Beach and the Monomoys] and check out the bridge from South Beach to South Monomoy. Anyone know how the area has changed over the winter?

Depending on conditions; I'd like to plan the Monomoy excursion for friday or possibly saturday.

This would include a very leisurely lunch and time for some birding and/or fishing.

I'm also interested in a trip out to Great Island/Billingsgate sometime during that weekend-perhaps monday would work for Great Island- let everybody else get stuck in the traffic while we are out on the water!

Please state your interest here.

The water will still be cold so proper gear/skills necessary.

Karen

Hi Karen,

I'm interested. Well, interested enough to send Suz mail about getting a drysuit. :) I doubt that I'll have it in time though.

Where are you planning to launch from? Stage harbor?

-John

Hi Karen,

I'm interested. Well, interested enough to send Suz mail about getting a drysuit. :) I doubt that I'll have it in time though.

Where are you planning to launch from? Stage harbor?

-John

I'd plan to launch from Morris Island Neck. Maybe meet around 1030am. As the weather becomes more clear we'll decide whether to go on friday [more serene] or saturday [way more busy with boats].

You may be fine in a wet suit.

I'm going to be at the cape from Sunday till Tuesday. Ill have my sea kayak and my short boat for possibly playing in the surf. I would be up for some paddling if you are around those days.

John

So far weather looking good for paddle down the southway on saturday.

Will plan to meet at 1030am on the neck of Morris Island Rd and take off at 1100.

Please post your interest here and please look at the site on friday afternoon in case weather dictates a change in day or location.

Please leave phone numbers if possible.

My cell 781 254 7744.

Karen

So far weather looking good for paddle down the southway on saturday.

Will plan to meet at 1030am on the neck of Morris Island Rd and take off at 1100.

Please post your interest here and please look at the site on friday afternoon in case weather dictates a change in day or location.

Please leave phone numbers if possible.

My cell 781 254 7744.

Karen

Hi Karen,

I've been sick all week, so I'm going to pass. Enjoy the paddle!

-John

You going tomorrow? I'm at the Cape - actually Harwichport, with kayak. The only problem is that I'm heading home tomorrow afternoon - don't know if I can squeeze it in. Are you still leaving from the Morris Causeway at 10:30 on Saturday?

The water temp feels like 53-ish. Paddling was a bit warm inside a drysuit, but after doing some reentry and rolls, I was glad I had it on.

Anyway, 508 430 7635

You going tomorrow? I'm at the Cape - actually Harwichport, with kayak. The only problem is that I'm heading home tomorrow afternoon - don't know if I can squeeze it in. Are you still leaving from the Morris Causeway at 10:30 on Saturday?

The water temp feels like 53-ish. Paddling was a bit warm inside a drysuit, but after doing some reentry and rolls, I was glad I had it on.

Anyway, 508 430 7635

John - I tried your number a few times. Weather looks fine but no other takers besides you.

I would love to twist your arm to go.

I have a painfully slow connection down here so the site isn't a good communication method. email ok at drkglad@gmail.com. But best to please call 781 254 7744 or 508 255 1546.

Karen