RE: Thule crossbars with Yakima saddles

Lbeale

I recently got a new car and had to get Thule crossbars (long story)--unfortunately all my saddle sets are Yakima. Is there a way I can use or an adjustment I can make to these saddles (round fittings) to my Thule crossbars (square shape).

Les

I recently got a new car and had to get Thule crossbars (long story)--unfortunately all my saddle sets are Yakima. Is there a way I can use or an adjustment I can make to these saddles (round fittings) to my Thule crossbars (square shape).

Les

Your Yakima saddle should have come with universal mount.

http://www.yakima.com/Product.aspx?Number=8810135.

If you break off the tabs on the inside part that goes around the bar it will fit a square bar. I have Thule racks with Yakima saddles/rollers. It was very easy to set up. :roll:

Les

If you don't have them....all the regular places like REI, Kittery Trading, etc carry the square mount adapters