Sunday 20 April

bob budd

Meet at noon, most likely to Kettle Island and perhaps some Misery. While rolling at Mystic Lake last night was pretty comfortable, the ocean is still very cold.

Bob and I will be meeting at 1200 and launching at 1230 from Tuck's Point. Please drop boats and gear near path to water and park in the far corner of the field [we'll help you with these logistics].

Water is 47 degreees by the Boston buoy. Current forecast is for 10-15 from the East with possible gusts to 20. So we'll be paddling into the wind on the way out and have it at our backs on the return.

Dress for immersion [this likely means a dry suit] and bring neoprene hoods/hats.

Please post your interest here.

I also will be there--looking forward a wonderful afternoon paddling---Les

Bob and I will be meeting at 1200 and launching at 1230 from Tuck's Point. Please drop boats and gear near path to water and park in the far corner of the field [we'll help you with these logistics].

Water is 47 degreees by the Boston buoy. Current forecast is for 10-15 from the East with possible gusts to 20. So we'll be paddling into the wind on the way out and have it at our backs on the return.

Dress for immersion [this likely means a dry suit] and bring neoprene hoods/hats.

Karen, please put in down the grass path way to the left of the cupola not on the beach. A good number of paddlers mid day on a weekend will be conspicuous and may cause an increase in restrictions against non residents. Resident families with kids play in that area. Parking in the far field is fine.

I may be there tomorrow but will not join you since I need to be home early in the afternoon.

...put in down the grass path way to the left of the cupola not on the beach....

The place we put in is not such a big deal at this time of year. The people are generally not provoked by our presence, even when things are much busier.

...Parking in the far field is fine...

This was recommended by a policeman who is also a paddler. The point is not to take the "prime parking sites" near the pavilion, etc.

Bottom line, though, is that large groups are best to launch elsewhere as much to respect this place as to keep it an option for small groups. If you search the postings on this message board there are other nearby places to launch that are less scrutinized.

Maybe me, too, now that the epoxy's cured.

Ern

Maybe me, too, now that the epoxy's cured.

Ern

I wasted too much time...can't get there in time. Darn.

Have fun!