Gear Swap Fest?

subaruguru

There were murmurs last fall of a swap/sale fest for this spring.

I'm sure many of us have surplus gear we'd like to trade out. Does it make sense to combine this with the newbie-day later this month?

I'm sure many of us have surplus gear we'd like to trade out. Does it make sense to combine this with the newbie-day later this month?

Yessirreeee it does. There were rumors about that on the newbie thread but it seems nothing made it to the calendar.

I have a whole box of perfectly good stuff that doesn't make me happy that I could move on but I will be working down in Connecticut that weekend. If someone near to me is going and could sell my box of stuff, I would appreciate it. Don't get too excited - none of my Kokatat samples will be sold there, just odds and ends that I have bought over the years that I don't like. Probably a few duplicate books that we have will make it into the pile too if I am ambitious.

Suz

There was talk of doing this at the New to Kayaking workshop. However, we also have the Camping workshop that day and with the change in parking requirements from the Gould Barn....having a swap meet at that location on that day doesn't seem practical.

The parking lot at the Gould Barn is owned by the church. They have rented the parking lot to the other church across the street for weddings. We are relegated to parking only in the spots directly facing the small pond (back row). This is enough for maybe 10 cars.

Are there street parking options in topsfield? Most of our events attract more than 10 participants. What does the Gould Barn do now, when they host a wedding?

Are there street parking options in topsfield? Most of our events attract more than 10 participants. What does the Gould Barn do now, when they host a wedding?

Until recently, the church would not rent the parking lot to the Commons and all wedding guests had to park in the street. So, yes, there is street parking.

Bill