lake gardner amesbury - wednesday nights

rick stoehrer

wednesday nights starting as soon as folks wanna go and paddle...we can work on whatever you'd like - rolls, strokes, rescues, nav, gear review....what have you.

post here to let me know when folks are starting to get interested in getting back in/on the (still chilly) water.

put it on the commercial side too with the tie in to the weekend stuff but really the wednesday night stuff isn't commercial...all are welcome.

rickstoehrerathotmaildotcom

wednesday nights starting as soon as folks wanna go and paddle...we can work on whatever you'd like - rolls, strokes, rescues, nav, gear review....what have you.

post here to let me know when folks are starting to get interested in getting back in/on the (still chilly) water.

put it on the commercial side too with the tie in to the weekend stuff but really the wednesday night stuff isn't commercial...all are welcome.

rickstoehrerathotmaildotcom

Hey Rick, Ross Bartosik here. I am ready to go anytime soon Wednesdays are good for me. How about next week. Ross

Rick,

what times ? And where is the parking/put-in for the lake?

I'm quite interested (though next Wednesday (April 16) I'll be out of town)

Thanks,

Joao

put-in

from 95 you take the amesbury exit and head w toward town. at the first light take a R onto what becomes elm st. you stay on that til you get to the little rotary down town and head pretty mush straight across and up a little hill...this is high Street...stay on high St and about 3/4 of a mile down or so the entrance to lake gardner is on the R hand side.

say about 5:30

if you have questions i can be reached at rickstoehrerathotmaildotcom

• 2 weeks later...

Hey-ya -

Need relief from day job. Mind a little company? That is if my AA still floats (LV lives w/ Greg). AA spent winter outside. Sorry sight to see. Chipping 'er out just the other week. Will be good test of VCP seam tape methinks.

Peace & Cheers,

P.

WEDNESDAY 23rd - 530 at the beach.

get going already! get off yer barcolounger butt and on yer boat butt! get yer gear, put on yer drysuit and let's go already! enough with the winter mindset....it's over already!

WEDNESDAY 23rd - 530 at the beach.

get going already! get off yer barcolounger butt and on yer boat butt! get yer gear, put on yer drysuit and let's go already! enough with the winter mindset....it's over already!

Rick:

I believe you mentioned recently that you have access to some NDK boats. Could you bring one to the lake I could try? I am in the market for a new boat.

Thanks,

Bill

Rick:

I believe you mentioned recently that you have access to some NDK boats. Could you bring one to the lake I could try? I am in the market for a new boat.

Thanks,

Bill

i have an explorer, an explorer lv...i can get a greenlander pro on short order....what are you looking to paddle?

tom (mikco) is going to be at pavillion on may 17 with a whole fleet of ndk's...you can demo all of them there if you like and i think we're going to go and see what's shakin' out in the sound that afternoon if any of that's to your liking too!

i have an explorer, an explorer lv...i can get a greenlander pro on short order....what are you looking to paddle?

tom (mikco) is going to be at pavillion on may 17 with a whole fleet of ndk's...you can demo all of them there if you like and i think we're going to go and see what's shakin' out in the sound that afternoon if any of that's to your liking too!

Thanks Rick. I am 5' 10", 220lbs so am too large for an LV. An explorer would be good. I was also interested in the date for the demo at Pavillion Beach. Now I know and look forward to that as well.

Bill

lake gardner has approached bath tub temps....thermo's on/in the water yesterday were reading anywhere from 66 ish to 70 ish....mind you i think it'd drop off fast if say your toes were 5 feet down but still....the surface is warm, warm, warm and rolling yesterday was refreshing! beautiful night!

so the lake water's fine folks...get on and in it! had on a drytop (mid weight fleece beneath) and a pair of neo shorts and that was plenty warm. i've found that as long as i keep my core warm and dry there isn't a problem...nice thing about some dry tops is that they are indeed dry...they cinch at the waist and have a fuzzy rubber material on the bottom and the skirt goes into it's own tunnel so that even if you do go in the drink, your core stays dry. i've got a bomber gear (out of business now...sigh) that works really super well in this regard but surely there are other that do the same thing.

in any event, on wednesdays would folks like to just paddle or do you want to do some different things? we could do a tide/current night, a nav night, a gear night....whatever...you guys decide and i'll go with the flow...the concept is for us to exchange idea's and experiences.

for instance....sid last night did something....i'm not even sure how to describe it other than bracing but....anyways in all his examples (blade face up or down) he managed to get his boat at a 90 degree angle fully over, way off balance and just pretty as you please bring himself back upright with nary any excitement....i'm not sure i can do what he did but boy ain't i gonna try! anyways, pretty impressive and gives me something to aim towards. thanks sid.

post your interest folks if you wanna do something beside just get on the lake next week so we'll know what gear to bring.

good to see old acquaintances and new faces last night...looking forward to this spring/summer! first session and already someone owes me a beer! i love this stuff!

tonight, tonight...we paddle the lake toooo-night

Hellloooo there . . . are you guys doing the skills session this coming Wednesday the 14th? Would love to get up there after work and see you guys!

Rick -- Anything going on at L.Garner this Wed. night? If so, I'm interested.

Thanks.

Blaine Bjornstad