want to borrow

mesbennett

Mary,

To my knowledge, Ben's Forward Stroke video is still in the works and he hopes to release it this spring.

You might be confusing this with his rolling video which is out in a newer version and is available from Savannah Canoe & Kayak. Osprey Sea Kayak Adventures in Westport, MA. may also have some copies left.

Deb M

Mary,

To my knowledge, Ben's Forward Stroke video is still in the works and he hopes to release it this spring.

You might be confusing this with his rolling video which is out in a newer version and is available from Savannah Canoe & Kayak. Osprey Sea Kayak Adventures in Westport, MA. may also have some copies left.

Deb M

Hummmm...no I think it would pretty hard to confuse the "forward stroke" with a "roll". I, of course, knew that he has been working on one and when I googled it I saw the following:

Charles River Canoe & Kayak :: Performance Paddling Clinics

The cost includes a copy of Epic's "Forward Stroke" DVD (a $29.95 value) signed by Greg Barton. Ben Lawry Kayaking Clinics. Ben Lawry has been teaching ...

My mistake, of course, was assuming that it was Ben's. Ah, I know what that makes me!!! so I do not need to be reminded!!! ;) maryb

<...I think it would pretty hard to confuse the "forward stroke" with a "roll">

No, Mary: I think that if you capsize going rather quickly, you can probably incorporate the roll sweep into part of your forward stroke, and just keep making forwards progress with very little reduction in velocity...should we investigate? It's not such a stretch of the imagination, is it? :roll: