Happy Leap Day!

subaruguru

I have a fondness for this rare day as I quit smoking tobackie 7 leap days (28 years) ago, vowing to never expose my soon-to-be-born daughter to second-hand smoke.

Back then I was rolling my own Dutch tobaccos, so rolled a foot-long last cigarette. Consuming this beast just before my old mantle clock struck midnight, I tossed my remaining stash into my roaring Vermont Castings Vigilant, the resultant sparky flareup knocking me back onto the rug. I came to several minutes later staring at a cherry red stove, closed her down, and haven't wanted a drag for, well, seven leap days now.

Wish other vices could've been dealt with as cleanly....

Any favorite Leap Day stories?

Hey, my new Cetus arrives in a couple of weeks!

I have a fondness for this rare day as I quit smoking tobackie 7 leap days (28 years) ago, vowing to never expose my soon-to-be-born daughter to second-hand smoke.

Back then I was rolling my own Dutch tobaccos, so rolled a foot-long last cigarette. Consuming this beast just before my old mantle clock struck midnight, I tossed my remaining stash into my roaring Vermont Castings Vigilant, the resultant sparky flareup knocking me back onto the rug. I came to several minutes later staring at a cherry red stove, closed her down, and haven't wanted a drag for, well, seven leap days now.

Wish other vices could've been dealt with as cleanly....

Any favorite Leap Day stories?

Hey, my new Cetus arrives in a couple of weeks!

Yeah Ernie and a big whoop for your new boat arriving shortly!!!

Suz