Drysuit Workshop - Thank You

cathyfoley

Just want to pass along a big THANK YOU to Suzanne Hutchinson for taking her time to teach us how to care for and repair drysuits. The workshop had 18 attendees and I think everyone walked away with a new wealth of knowledge. Here I thought for five years I was giving my drysuit lots of TLC.....only to find out many of the things I do are really bad for it. Guess I'll have to buy a Kokatat and start over with a new one....LOL

Once again...thanks Suz and to all who attended.

Just want to pass along a big THANK YOU to Suzanne Hutchinson for taking her time to teach us how to care for and repair drysuits. The workshop had 18 attendees and I think everyone walked away with a new wealth of knowledge. Here I thought for five years I was giving my drysuit lots of TLC.....only to find out many of the things I do are really bad for it. Guess I'll have to buy a Kokatat and start over with a new one....LOL

I really appreciated the opportunity to do this in my own backyard. I do these talks at shops and am done in 2 hours tops. I usually talk until people are done asking questions. This is the first time I spent 4 hours! WOW I guess I am long winded and we had lots of questions. We did swap out two wrist gaskets for Bryan though - so that took a bit of time.

Thanks again,

Suz

PS - as a reminder - if anyone needs to borrow my jigs, give a shout - I have neck and wrist jigs to make the job easier.

Darn! Somehow I missed this on the calendar, I guess. Really wanted to see your new digs, too.

Suz, maybe you could write up a do's and dont's tutorial for drysuit ownership?

That'd be great.

Cheers.

Suz, maybe you could write up a do's and dont's tutorial for drysuit ownership?

I'd appreciate that too since I couldn't make it to your workshop.

Gay

I too would appreciate a summary of does and dont's! Especially want to know what you were doing that was "really bad for it" Cathy!!!! Can't imagine what that would be!! :wacko::o

maryb

I too would appreciate a summary of does and dont's! Especially want to know what you were doing that was "really bad for it" Cathy!!!! Can't imagine what that would be!! :wacko::o

maryb

I seemed to have talked for four hours straight so hard to put all the tidbits in writing.

Kokatat has loads of info on their website which is very useful. http://www.kokatat.com/customer_service.asp

If I put it all in writing, no one would bother attending the clinics that I do at the paddle shops throughout New England and I can't have that!

Suz

If I put it all in writing, no one would bother attending the clinics that I do at the paddle shops throughout New England and I can't have that!

Don't worry, Suz. First write the book, then let its publicity result in folks hiring you to read it to them! Isn't that how the lecture circuits work? And with YOUR charisma they'll come a flocking!

I found the workshop to be very helpful too. I had been in the market for a dry suit for a couple of months. A couple of good sales came and I was still pretty confused about what to buy. Suz’s workshop was very timely and just what I needed to help me make a good decision. And, now I know how to maintain my investment too. THANKS SUZ!!!

Sid