Nordic Blue Gloves -- what size?

djlewis

I measured my hand the way the web site says, and I get 8 1/4, which is precisely between small and medium. Should I go with medium? Do they run large or small? Do you need to leave extra room to cut out the acrylic liner and use fleece or thermax (as Sing recommends)?

Thanks. --David.

David,

The pair I got were the smalls, which were still too big for me. I found I had zero dexterity with too much glove. I ended up using some small "chore gloves" and had Brian put latex seals on them. They fit my hand better and are working fine. I wear a thinner polypropylene liner and have found that my hands stay pretty warm. They may be cold when I first start paddling, but once I'm moving they stay warm. And my hands are ALWAYS cold! My hand,BTW, measures 7 inches around the palm, but I generally wear a 6-6 1/2 in gloves.

Linda

Hi, Linda:

Ah, now I remember. And that's what makes me think they may run large. Your measurement theoretically suits you for a Medium, but you say even a Small was too large.

Since mine falls between Small and Medium, I was going to go with the Medium. But after hearing your story, I'm not so sure any more.

Brian or anybody coming to Reading this afternoon. I'd be grateful if you brought a pair of Nordic Blues to help me size them for myself.

Thanks. --David.

For the benefit of others with the same questions, I did check out Brian's Nordic Blues tonight, size large, with his thin smartwool liners. They were a tad too large for me, but not hugely.

So, though my hands measure right between Small and Medium on the Nordic Blue sizing chart, I'm going to get the Medium-Large.

Thanks, Brian.

--David.