SNG, Sunday -- Windmill Point - 10am

Shane

Hi,

Brenda and I are going to take a leisurely paddle tomorrow off of Windmill Point to take a look at the Snow Row paddle race route and quite frankly, enjoy a nice day in February.

The marine synopsis for Boston Harbor tomorrow is splendid:

Sun: W Wind around 5 kt in the morning, becoming SW 5 to 10 kt in the afternoon. Waves 1 foot or less.

We’re going to put in at 10am and plan to be out for only a couple hours. We’ll take out at about low tide around noon.

If you want to go, just show and go. If you want us to wait or anything, feel free to let us know you’re going and we’ll make sure to wait.

http://www.2paddles.com/myweb/images/sng.jpg

Normal SNG disclaimer applies.

Directions from NSPN web-site (http://www.nspn.org/play-put-ins.html):

Windmill Point is an excellent put-in which starts you right in the center of the greater Boston Harbor. From here all the Boston Harbor Islands are within about four miles. Be aware that Hull Gut has strong current and a lot of small boat traffic. You can put in on either side of the point. The hard part is getting there -- a good map is recommended. To get to Hull from the city, follow route 3A to Hingham Harbor. At the traffic circle take the second exit onto Summer St. Bear left at the fork and you are on your way into Hull. If you are taking Rt. 3, take exit 15 (or 14) and follow Rt. 228 north for the rest of the trip. Once in Hull, follow the main road (228) all the way to the very end where you can park at the high school.

_Shane

"Would a knife help protect you against a ‘curious’ shark? I don’t know but I would like the option." - Trevor Gardner