Winter Solstice Paddle-Portsmouth-12/22

EEL

Despite the fact I'm feeling really timid before holidays, the tide is all wrong, the launch site may not be plowed, and I'm not sure if I can shovel out the boats and drag them to the car in time, here goes.

Winter solstice paddle from Pierce Island in Portsmouth on Sat 12/22. Launch time 11:00AM

Maybe just wander about interior islands along back channel to Little Harbor, maybe as far a Wallis Sands if the brave pills work, maybe a quick look before saying "Aw, lets go to Red Hook and talk paddling". What better way to avoid the hectic pre-Christmas rushing about than by languidly paddling about.

If things fall apart weather-wise, will post cancellation notice by 8AM on 12/22.

Ed Lawson

Forecast is looking good for Saturday. Hopefully the seas will die down as forecast. Right now swells are rolling in from ENE with buoy 6NM off York beach reading 9' waves every 10 sec.

Water temp around 42.

Despite the fact I'm feeling really timid before holidays, the tide is all wrong, the launch site may not be plowed, and I'm not sure if I can shovel out the boats and drag them to the car in time, here goes.

Winter solstice paddle from Pierce Island in Portsmouth on Sat 12/22. Launch time 11:00AM

Maybe just wander about interior islands along back channel to Little Harbor, maybe as far a Wallis Sands if the brave pills work, maybe a quick look before saying "Aw, lets go to Red Hook and talk paddling". What better way to avoid the hectic pre-Christmas rushing about than by languidly paddling about.

If things fall apart weather-wise, will post cancellation notice by 8AM on 12/22.

Ed Lawson

The Peirce Island ramp is plowed and the parking lot across the street is also. Conditions look good out around New Castle and the light....around 1 foot, no wind as of 9:30 this am.

Gerry