(jumps up and down like a 3 year old.... )

shewhorn

Waaaaahhhh.... but I don't wanna rinse of my dry suit.... waaahhhhhhh (jumps up and down again and cries). Can I do it later... please, please.

in case you're wondering what this is all about I wore my drysuit for the first time in quite a while today... not only does it need a rinse... it really needs a wash as well as its birthday was a few weeks ago

Waaaaahhhh.... but I don't wanna rinse of my dry suit.... waaahhhhhhh (jumps up and down again and cries). Can I do it later... please, please.

in case you're wondering what this is all about I wore my drysuit for the first time in quite a while today... not only does it need a rinse... it really needs a wash as well as its birthday was a few weeks ago

Hey Joe,

A few times a season, I will wash my dry suit in a FRONT LOADING washing machine. If I am feeling ambitious, I will wash it both inside and out. DON"T put it in the dryer though - it melts the gaskets. Hang it dry first the outside, then turn it inside out and empty the feet out. Then turn it back to the outside out and make sure it is completely dry. This really doesn't take that long.

If you really want to bring it back to original state, then iron the material with a dry iron on low to medium. You can use a sleeve press to do this. Then just watch how well it sheds water now! The face fabric no longer will wet out.

And if you are feeling a bit lazy, occaisionally skip the whole rinse thing and just bring a gallon of fresh water in the car when you paddle and rinse off the suit before you take it off. Dry with a towel and it is pretty dry before you even take it off.

Be sure to turn the feet out and dry them too when you get home. Nothing worse that having mold growing in the feet of your drysuit.

Suz

Yesterday's rinse was no normal rinse job. You know that particulate seaweed stuff that hangs out around King's Beach and Long Beach??? Well.. that stuff was THICK on the landing yesterday (in places on the shore it had piled up about 6" deep... you could smell it rotting already out in Lynn harbor). It was literally like paddling through oatmeal. I opted to clean off the boat first so I waded back out past the thickest concentration to where you could actually see water and dunked the boat a few times. Of course... this meant that EVERY NOOK AND CRANNY of the dry suit was filled with seaweed (thank goodness I opted to not wear my wetsuit yesterday :jawdrop: ). I knew I was going to have a bit of a job cleaning the mess up when I got home. I swear it took me 15 minutes until I stopped seeing seaweed on the bathtub floor and that was even doing it the easy way (putting on the drysuit and getting in the shower with the detachable shower head).

As for the wash... I've been meaning to make a trip to the laundrymat to do the front load thing for a while now. I already have the non-detergent soap... I just have to find some time to not be lazy.

Cheers, Joe

Also... I just felt like having a hissy fit! :headBang: I feel like the summer just zoomed on by and aside from the Vinalhaven trip... I missed it all. On the bright side... "kayaking season" is just starting for me.... I just wish the water was a little warmer although... most of the boats are gone now so it's kind of like have a private ocean!!!! :surfing:

Cheers, Joe