Mid-Casco Bay Sunday?

Roger Turgeon

Sunday is looking like a great day for paddling. Anyone interested in joining me for a L3-3+ paddle starting from the cribstone bridge at the southern end of Orr's Island (Harpswell, ME)? Drive time an hour and 45 minutes from the Hampton toll booth on Rte 95. It's pretty much the center of Casco Bay, giving access to areas you almost never reach from Portland's East Prom. Expect maybe 12-15 miles total, depending on conditions and where we all decide to go. Options include island hopping, circumnavigating any number of islands or sounds, etc., again depending on what we decide at launch time. Expect launch at 10:00 a.m. My house is very nearby for before and after, if desired.

Roger Turgeon

Night Heron; cedar strip

Sunday is looking like a great day for paddling. Anyone interested in joining me for a L3-3+ paddle starting from the cribstone bridge at the southern end of Orr's Island (Harpswell, ME)?

Interested, but cannot commit till Sat. Launch from the beach next to H20utfitters?

Stop at Dolphin on Harpswell for food? If seas stay at 2-4 then should be some fun on east side of Bailey and about Jewell as well.

Ed Lawson