Mud Creek, Rowley

spider

Well I expect to be a bit like a mouse in a maze on this trip.

Anyone been in there poking around ?

(That would be near the section of Parker River called the "thorofare ")

I have found that the main problem in through the backwaters is that you lose your field of vision... as the tide goes out.. till you just see the sides of the creeks.

I'll be doing an overnight in there but hopefully not sitting in the yak in the mud. Any words of wisdom like always keep watch for buoy # 30 then turn left after the 3rd egret etc.

Well I expect to be a bit like a mouse in a maze on this trip.

Anyone been in there poking around ?

(That would be near the section of Parker River called the "thorofare ")

I have found that the main problem in through the backwaters is that you lose your field of vision... as the tide goes out.. till you just see the sides of the creeks.

I'll be doing an overnight in there but hopefully not sitting in the yak in the mud. Any words of wisdom like always keep watch for buoy # 30 then turn left after the 3rd egret etc.

I've found that a mapping GPS is very useful in that area. I've not been much on the Parker, but in the Eagle/Rowley area, the Garmin Blue Water charts are quite accurate in showing byways, passages, etc. You might also consider downloading and printing the satellite images from Google Maps and/or Earth. They only show one tide stage, of course, but can still be very helpful in supplementing charts to show shoals, passages, etc, especially where things might have changed since the chart was published.

And yes, high tide around there is much more pleasant... no mud walls.

--David.

Good ideas

Blue Water is beyond my abilties but the Google Earth was fun, plus able to view it from above or on the flat.. and flat it is out there.

thanks