Logged out too often

alcoons

Even though I have "remember me" checked, I am logged out frequently. No problem logging back in but would prefer not to. Is it a hint about my "worthiness", my "forward stroke", or ??????

Al

Don't be so paranoid, Al. They've got it in for me too <furtively glancing left and right>. :mad:

Seriously, I cannot find a unique URL that I can bookmark that will display the new posts, even if I am logged in. Just when I think I've got one, it fails, and I have to go through the user interface. I've got a bunch of other forums bookmarked that way, and this is the only one I can't get to work consistently. Of course, best would be to enable an RSS feed.

Seriously, I cannot find a unique URL that I can bookmark that will display the new posts, even if I am logged in. Just when I think I've got one, it fails, and I have to go through the user interface. I've got a bunch of other forums bookmarked that way, and this is the only one I can't get to work consistently. Of course, best would be to enable an RSS feed.

I thought I answered my own question. try...

http://www.nspn.org/forum/index.php?act=Se...amp;CODE=getnew

as a bookmark to display new posts.

Hmmm.. that works as long as you are logged. But if you are logged out, not only does it not work, after you log back in, it still does not work. Instead, it gives you an error message. (That's another annoyance -- a query the returns zero results is not a user error -- it's simply a query with no results, which is perfectly normal, valid and informative. Seeing the error message is jarring, and poor UI practice.

Did you follow all that -- No? Well, neither can I -- very confusing. :wacko:

--David.

I thought I answered my own question. try...

http://www.nspn.org/forum/index.php?act=Se...amp;CODE=getnew

as a bookmark to display new posts.

Hmmm.. that works as long as you are logged. But if you are logged out, not only does it not work, after you log back in, it still does not work. Instead, it gives you an error message. (That's another annoyance -- a query the returns zero results is not a user error -- it's simply a query with no results, which is perfectly normal, valid and informative. Seeing the error message is jarring, and poor UI practice.

Did you follow all that -- No? Well, neither can I -- very confusing. :wacko:

--David.

David,

If RSS is what you are looking for it's on the bottom of the Main page. I am not happy with how it's setup and may get revamped later. If we do change it you will have to setup your RSS feeds again (if you don't see anything new for a day you might check in with the site it's self).

-Jason

Even though I have "remember me" checked, I am logged out frequently. No problem logging back in but would prefer not to. Is it a hint about my "worthiness", my "forward stroke", or ??????

Thanks,

Al

Al, Are you coming in from different IP's. I have noticed that when I take my laptop on the road and come to the site, it does not log me in. However, when i am at home coming in from the same static IP, it always logs me in automatically.

Thanks,

Al

Al,

It's probably your forward stroke...which explains why you didn't show up to push the current around Castle Neck today. Ha!

See ya soon.

Ern

Al, Are you coming in from different IP's. I have noticed that when I take my laptop on the road and come to the site, it does not log me in. However, when i am at home coming in from the same static IP, it always logs me in automatically.

Wish that would explain it, but no...always the same one at home (Verizon/FIOS)

Al,

It's probably your forward stroke...which explains why you didn't show up to push the current around Castle Neck today. Ha!

See ya soon.

Ern

Had the boats on the car, but had a reality check and realized I just did not have the time given the workload for the upcoming week (job, family summit in PA, conference, cat, gel coat...you know). Glad you guys had such a great trip. What time did you return to Pavillion?

Al

Had the boats on the car, but had a reality check and realized I just did not have the time given the workload for the upcoming week (job, family summit in PA, conference, cat, gel coat...you know). Glad you guys had such a great trip. What time did you return to Pavillion?

Al

Maybe about 4? Can't remember, as I had a new-fangled $25 wrist-rocket that calculates tides and even times Ellen's hot flashes, but damned if I know how to set it!

We did manage a grueling 1.6 knots/hr speed for the first two hours up-current before trying to surf perpendicular breakers off a bar. First time I needed 4 arms to brace!

So you have a patriarchal position gelcoating a cat? And I was about to laud your trip-leader skills, too....

Ern

Wish that would explain it, but no...always the same one at home (Verizon/FIOS)

Actually, Verizon FIOS has a very aggressive DHCP scheme that changes your IP very frequently. After a quick search on your username and IP address, I have found at least 6 different IP's for you in the last few days. Unfortunately, there is no way for me to adjust our message board software to accommodate you without out compromising it's security features.

Actually, Verizon FIOS has a very aggressive DHCP scheme that changes your IP very frequently. After a quick search on your username and IP address, I have found at least 6 different IP's for you in the last few days. Unfortunately, there is no way for me to adjust our message board software to accommodate you without out compromising it's security features.

Thanks for the effort and explanation.

Al