Watch Gerrish Race SNG 9/29

Kevin B (RPS Coach)

Conditions could be interesting, but expecting to paddle and watch the race tomorrow. If interested, post here and I'll post details later today. I'm planning on paddling both days this weekend, but may have a prior obligation on one of the those days and I'm not sure which one yet. I'll post details of the paddle when I'm sure.

QUOTE(Kevin B @ Sep 28 2007, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Conditions could be interesting, but expecting to paddle and watch the race tomorrow. If interested, post here and I'll post details later today. I'm planning on paddling both days this weekend, but may have a prior obligation on one of the those days and I'm not sure which one yet. I'll post details of the paddle when I'm sure.

Have to "officially" cancel this one since no takers. We're going to go do some surfing somewhere, most likely last minute, and then perhaps catch the race. See some of you on Sunday!

QUOTE(Kevin B @ Sep 28 2007, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We're going to go do some surfing somewhere, most likely last minute, and then perhaps catch the race.

Hi Kevin,

Where are you all going to watch the race from? I'm hoping to plant myself somewhere along the route to see a bit of it. Would be fun to paddle and watch it from the water but it sounds like conditions may be too much for me.

Suwin

PS-Good luck Gene if you're racing!

QUOTE(Kevin B @ Sep 28 2007, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have to "officially" cancel this one since no takers. We're going to go do some surfing somewhere, most likely last minute, and then perhaps catch the race. See some of you on Sunday!

I'm interested in surfing on Sunday; where/when?

Tom Hirschfeld

Was set up at Fort Foster with a long lens. Great shots of the race. If I could figure out why I can't download my pics for all to see I would the highlights. Attachment section is not accepting uploads from me.

Here's the text from a previous message by web admin Bill Gwynn... hope it works for you, would love to see the pix!

Ok...Gallery should be functioning. File size limit is 1 meg and 1600px x 1200px. Each user is limited to 50 meg of space for their gallery.

To create your gallery:

1.) Log into the forums

2.) Click on "My Controls"

3.) Click on "Your Albums"

4.) Click "Create Album"

5.) Place a title and description

6.) Check the box if you would like the album to be public

7.) Click on "Your Albums" again

8.) From the drop down menu click "Upload Image"

9.) Fill out the caption and description

10.) Click "Add Image"

Go to "My Album" to check out the photos I uploaded from Saturday's GERRISH ISLAND RACE........Doug

Does anyone know what kind of boat the leader had, Seemed to be a metalflank deck with carbon hull??? Rockpool Kayak maybe? (Pic 30B)

post-100651-1191258278_thumb.jpg

Does anyone know what kind of boat the leader had, Seemed to be a metalflank deck with carbon hull???

It was a Valley Rapier. He beat all the sufski guys even though a surfski is supposedly a far faster boat.

Which says something about the grit and ability of the winner.

Ed Lawson