Salem Sound Cirvumnavigation Sunday 23rd

Kevin B (RPS Coach)

Once again, a paddle designed to move self-described L2 paddlers towards L3 trips. Put in at Riverhead at 10am on Sunday and paddle out to the Misery, Bakers, Gooseberries, etc. Good practice for rock play, channel crossings, dealing with boat traffic, etc. Considered an L3 trip for ocean exposure, distance, and size of the channel crossings. Usual SNG rules apply. Please post interest here or email so that we have an idea of how many people to expect.

QUOTE(Kevin B @ Sep 21 2007, 07:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Once again, a paddle designed to move self-described L2 paddlers towards L3 trips. Put in at Riverhead at 10am on Sunday and paddle out to the Misery, Bakers, Gooseberries, etc. Good practice for rock play, channel crossings, dealing with boat traffic, etc. Considered an L3 trip for ocean exposure, distance, and size of the channel crossings. Usual SNG rules apply. Please post interest here or email so that we have an idea of how many people to expect.

Sounds Good. Alda and I expect to be there.

Al

QUOTE(Kevin B @ Sep 21 2007, 07:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kev and I are going to have to cancel - we have some injuries we thought would be better by tomorrow that just haven't gotten better yet -

Sounds Good. Alda and I expect to be there.

Al

Al & Alda,

I'm up for a paddle tomorrow. Winds NW 10 Gusts to 15 How about Tuck Point in Beverly going out to Misery and surf back with the wind behind us. Or Walden Pond for warm water rolling and stupid kayak tricks? Any other ideas welcome!

Al & Alda,

I'm up for a paddle tomorrow. Winds NW 10 Gusts to 15 How about Tuck Point in Beverly going out to Misery and surf back with the wind behind us. Or Walden Pond for warm water rolling and stupid kayak tricks? Any other ideas welcome!

Good suggestion, but when the leaders dropped out we made quick plans for a hike with friends up in leaf country.

Sorry,

Al and Alda

Several of us that were playing at Good harbor beach agreed to meet for tomorrow's trip. Lorrie and I, as well as Judy (? explorer) and Mary (? force 3). If conditions hold as forcast, I think we'll have a nice trip if others want to join.

Phil

Several of us that were playing at Good harbor beach agreed to meet for tomorrow's trip. Lorrie and I, as well as Judy (? explorer) and Mary (? force 3). If conditions hold as forcast, I think we'll have a nice trip if others want to join.

Phil

So -- does that mean you are showing up at Marblehead / Riverside for a 10:00 launch, as scheduled before Kevin & Gillian dropped out.

Or more simply -- the trip is still on, right?! If anybody's planning to show, then so am I!

--David.

I would be interested as well. What is the final plan ?

Just observing what is happening, I think that a number of paddlers will be launching from Marblehead / Riverside at 10:00 AM for a circuit of the Sound -- over to Baker, Miseries, etc etc. If that's "the final plan" so be it, but I think it's the same as the original plan. :P

--David.

It's the same idea as the original plan. Meet at Riverhead for launch, go explore or play. Standard Show and go apply. Sounds like at least 7 of us: me, Lorrie, Judy, Mary, Barry, Gene and Dave. There was some discussion at Good Harbor that butt in boats was 10:30, so why dont we make that the launch time. Forcast winds are 10-15 from the S with higher gusts, but falling during the afternoon (as of 9pm Sat.). Now if I can just find the launch in time ;-)

Phil

Yikes! Just saw this. Will rush to be there by 10:30. (9:40 in Medford)

Ah...great fun, and with 11 of us, quite a parade. Am I correct in thinking that conditions started as a solid L3 (gusts high teens, some 3-4 footers) throughout the morning, softening to L2 later upon the return? Hope to repeat soon. Water was 59F and felt even warmer!

Ern

PS Thanks to Al and DJ for corraling (sp?...no, they weren't singing) us well.

I was eating brunch at the Corinthian Yacht Club (next to the light) when you all went right by. It was great to watch, but it would have been better to be in the group instead of watching from above.

Gene, it was me who yelled "Gene!" as you passed. I recognized your boat - sorry to give you a startle, you probably thought you were hearing things.

So...where's the trip report?

Brian

I was eating brunch at the Corinthian Yacht Club (next to the light) when you all went right by. It was great to watch, but it would have been better to be in the group instead of watching from above.

Gene, it was me who yelled "Gene!" as you passed. I recognized your boat - sorry to give you a startle, you probably thought you were hearing things.

So...where's the trip report?

Brian

The wind was strong and must have blocked the majority of decibels coming from your voice, but thanks, I almost did think I was hearing things. Sort of this disembodied voice coming from a moored vessel or perhaps from inside my head. I will cancel my appointment with the psychiatrist.