Party for Bill and Karen Harter of Seacoast Kayak

cathyfoley

As many of you know, Bill and Karen have closed the doors to Seacoast Kayak for good. In appreciation for all they have done for us with the weekly paddles and the kayaking community in general over the past 8 years, we are having a "pot luck" dinner/party for them on Saturday, Oct. 13. at 5:00 p.m.

The party will be held at the The Barn Bar & Grille (in the function room) in Amesbury, MA.

We ask that everyone attending bring a dish of food. (a chance to show us all your specialty!)

There will be a cash bar. (no brown bagging please)

The party is not a surprise, both Bill and Karen have been informed. However, we'd like to present them each a nice gift, which neither know about. We are planning to purchase a Werner, foam-core paddle for each. We are asking for donations towards these gifts. (we need about $800 total) If you would like to donate, (even if you cannot attend) please send a check to:

Betty Schrempf

49 Weare Road

Hampton Falls, NH 03844

home phone 603-929-4139

If you plan on attending, please send an RSVP e-mail to me at:

seayaknh@aol.com

We all look forward to having you there.

Cathy Foley

Directions to the Barn

The Barn Pub & Grille is conveniently located near the Pow Wow River Walk. Parking is available on the Water Street parking deck.

FROM I495: Take I495 to Exit 54 (Amesbury exit). Off exit, take right. Go straight through two sets of lights. At the lamp post/rotary, bear right onto Elm Street. Take first right onto Water Street. Take first left onto Water Street Parking Deck. The Barn is straight ahead!

FROM I95 North: Take I95 North to Exit 58B (Amesbury Route 110 exit). At first set of lights, take a right (at Mobil Station) onto Elm Street. Proceed for approximately 2 1/2 miles. Pass a second Mobil station on your right and take second left onto Water Street. Take first left onto Water Street Parking Deck. The Barn is straight ahead! (Note: If you come to the lamp post/rotary downtown, you missed Water Street. Go around rotary and get back onto Elm Street and then take your first right onto Water Street.)

FROM I95 South: Take I95 South to Exit 58 (Amesbury Route 110 exit). Take left onto Route 110. At first set of lights, take a right (at Mobil Station) onto Elm Street. Proceed for approximately 2 1/2 miles. Pass a second Mobil station on your right and take second left onto Water Street. Take first left onto Water Street Parking Deck. The Barn is straight ahead! (Note: If you come to the lamp post/rotary downtown, you missed Water Street. Go around rotary and get back onto Elm Street and then take your first right onto Water Street.)