Thinking of a new sprayskirt.

jason

My spray skirt is starting to show its age and has a few small holes. Thus I am starting to think of my next spray skirt. Has anybody used the Snap Dragon Armortex?

If you have used it:

how was it at keeping the water out?

Were you able to put it on and off the boat quickly (such as launching or landing in the surf zone).

Would you purchase it again.

Does the "Armortex" help the spray skirt from wearing when doing rescues?

Thanks -Jason

Hi Jason,

Short of time to check, I think the Armortex is just the SD Glacier with the added abrasion guard edging. CRCK likes/stocks the Glacier, as do I, but because of the comfy adjustable waist it's not the driest. Cockpit seal fits well, and the pull strap serves as a tie-down.

Cheers.

Ern

My spray skirt is starting to show its age and has a few small holes. Thus I am starting to think of my next spray skirt. Has anybody used the Snap Dragon Armortex?

If you have used it:

how was it at keeping the water out?

Were you able to put it on and off the boat quickly (such as launching or landing in the surf zone).

Would you purchase it again.

Does the "Armortex" help the spray skirt from wearing when doing rescues?

Thanks -Jason

Hi Jason,

I use an Armortex for both of my NDKs and have not been overjoyed by the fit. Of course, this might have something to do with the skirt being custom-made (the boats are both LVs) from an outline I had sent to Snapdragon. However, both Bob and I have the Armotex for our WW boats and the fit is fine.

Snapdragon fan that I am, I'm giving serious consideration to having a SEALS (also needs to be custom with the NDK LV models) skirt made. A mutual friend ;) of ours has one for his Explorer and evidently has been more than pleased with the fit and the customer service at SEALs, which are made in NY.

Deb M

Hi Jason,

I use an Armortex for both of my NDKs and have not been overjoyed by the fit. Of course, this might have something to do with the skirt being custom-made (the boats are both LVs) from an outline I had sent to Snapdragon. However, both Bob and I have the Armotex for our WW boats and the fit is fine.

Snapdragon fan that I am, I'm giving serious consideration to having a SEALS (also needs to be custom with the NDK LV models) skirt made. A mutual friend ;) of ours has one for his Explorer and evidently has been more than pleased with the fit and the customer service at SEALs, which are made in NY.

Deb M

I had looked at the seals due to the rave reviews and the great service that was provided.

hen I looked the sizing didn't have my boat listed. http://www.sealsskirts.com/sizing/sizing.php I will have to look at his spray skirt before I go order one.

I would also like to see the Armotex in person as I need to know what type difference it will be going from the "easy fit sewn-in shock cord" to the "heavy duty extreme shock cord" will slow me down getting in/out or will just keep me dryer.

Thanks -Jason

I have a reinforced skirt that I got with Rodni. I use it only on my plastic boat due to the way it really sticks to the combing of a glass boat. This is not in itself a bad thing but if you are used to the typical Snapdragon slip-off skirt if you really need to get out the tight skirt might ruin your day. Since you and I both use XL tunnels I think you could try the skirt out, if fits all of our cockpits so probably would yours. I could bring it to work in Concord and you could pick it up for a "test exit".

Another thing, the problem with this skirt that really comes to mind is how difficult it is to put it on, especially the first time of the day and/or in the winter.