New Years Day Paddle?

Guest guest

Every year some of us get together for a paddle on New Years Day. This year is no exception. I don’t know who is interested, though. Any takers? We can tailor the trip to who is coming, there will be a strong NWN wind. Reply here if you are interested. We probably would not be leaving until 11 AM. As it stands how we will be trying to stay out of the wind and somewhere on the Rockport side of Cape Ann, depending on who is coming, check the message board for the morning update. Happy New Year, Rick Crangle

I also will be there.

Jim B

Thought for the day: Never be afraid to try something

new. Remember that amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the

Titanic

P & H Orion

Yellow over White

jim@nspn.org

I'd be down for joining you. I'm new to the club and sport. I don't have a drysuit yet but have a drytop and a wetsuit, booties, mittens, a skirt, etc. My resue skills at this point include a paddle float self-rescue - but I haven't had opportunity for t-rescues and stuff (I guess I'll have some practive in the pool next month). I was planning on getting out into the Annisquam anyway, but with compamy it'd be nice to get out into the ocean.

Pls let me know if you'd be comfortable having me along.

Thanks!

Roger Pollock

Gloucester

Our winter rules are drysuits.

Jim B

Thought for the day: Never be afraid to try something

new. Remember that amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the

Titanic

P & H Orion

Yellow over White

jim@nspn.org

Let us meet at Back Beach, Rockport for a 11AM launch, the second beach past Rockport town center towards Pigeon Cove. The wind will blow, drysuits are the only prudent attire, 41 degree waters. We can travel in lee most of the way either direction. See you there.

Roger, Sorry to let you down, but you being new to kayaking (lack of rescue skills practice) and not having the appropriate cold water survival gear (drysuit) puts yourself and the rest of us at more of a risk than we wish to take. Winter paddling is something we take very seriously for all our sakes. If you come down to the putin I’d be happy to talk with you. We do happily welcome all new members and hope we can help you develop your skills and judgement to join us where ever and whenever we go out. Pool sessions are coming this month, join us there and meet some nice helpful folks.

We require only one skill...that you come back, and charge one duty...that all come back.

Rick Crangle

Rick;

Didn't party as much as I should have last night, so have more sense than I should this morning. Mark me very iffy for the paddle -- if I'm there, I'm there, but don't wait on me.

Enjoy.

Keith