Kayak Outfitting Workshop #2

Brian Nystrom

I would really like to get in on the workshop as well, if space is still available.

I'd like to do the foam bulkhead thing, if possible. :D

_Shane

"Would a knife help protect you against a ‘curious’ shark? I don’t know but I would like the option." - Trevor Gardner

Liz,

I spoke with Phil Wong at Kajak Sport. He indicated that they make three versions of their Mini Day Hatch (knee tube) to fit the three boats they sell. If you haven't already done so, make sure you order the one that's specifically designed for the Vivianne. He also indicated that it can be installed with a sealant rather than epoxy and fiberglass, which makes things much simpler. It sounds like all we'll need to do is clean and lightly sand the mating surfaces, then bond it in place with Lexel, GOOP or 3M Fast Cure 4200/5200. It will need to be wedged in place while the sealant cures (a good use for a paddle float), but if we install it on Sat., it should be OK by Sunday. It should be a piece o' cake.

I'd like to get an idea of who is going to attend on which day(s) and at approximately what time(s), so I can make sure space will not be an issue. I'm not limiting anyone at this point and I doubt that will be necessary. I would also like to know how many boats you plan to bring.

Where possible, I've filled in some details in advance, based on posts and emails. Please review them and advise me of any changes.

Rather than taking up bandwidth here, please email me the information at brian.nystrom@att.net .