Be careful for which you ask

EEL

Gail and I discussed doing an easy paddle on a nearby lake for today and I asked if she wanted to navigate/trip plan. She agreed. This morning after a relaxed breakfast she asked about the marine forecast, and when I said it was good, she announced it was time to go to Kittery. So packed for a real trip and launched at 11. Exiting Brave Boat Harbor, she turned north. I asked about destination and she happily said, "Its a nice day to go to the Nubble Light." "Oh", I replied which elicited the ever deadly "Is there a problem with that?" So after two rest stops and 17.5NM, we lifted onto the car the heaviest kayaks known to man at 6PM and went searching for beer and lobsta rolls.

It was a beautiful day with great visiblity and ever so gentle swells, but I have recovered the chart case and will keep it safe.

The ocean was incredibly warm today. Its in the high sixties on the southern coast of Maine.

Ed Lawson