Sat - July 14 - Marblehead-Misery-Bakers-Etc

alcoons

When: Saturday, July 4th.

Where: Riverhead Beach, Misery, Bakers, and the small islands on return. Maximum 11 miles. See http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1124844 for maximum route.

Timing: High Tide is at noon on Saturday, so might as well leave at 10 AM so as not to fight it too much in the harbor. Arrive at the put-in at 9:15 AM. Lunch at Misery. Hope to return 3-4 PM.

Put-in: Riverhead - http://www.nspn.org/play-put-ins.html

Level: Level 3-- You should feel comfortable with the distance, have an ocean kayak, and basic wet-exit and self-rescue skills.

The other stuff:

Trip depends on having others committed to the paddle.

Please confirm your interest here or at kayakclass @ verizon dot net

Please check this string for updates.

Bring lunch, plenty of water, sunscreen, etc.

This is a private trip so show-and-go rules apply.

Al

Al Coons

Cetus - Red/White

Unless you are a member of The Trustees of Reservations who own Misery, you will need $5 to help contribute to the upkeep of the Island. They do a wonderful job and Misery is a special place for many of us.

Al

PS. While one pays for Misery, no one should have to pay for misery.

Al Coons

Cetus-Red/White

Not that I'm a skin flint or one attempting to avoid paying my dues but a nicer lunch spot is Little Misery and usually there is no one there to collect the fee. The cove at Big Misery is a good spot to practice rescues.

>Not that I'm a skin flint or one attempting to avoid paying

>my dues but a nicer lunch spot is Little Misery and usually

>there is no one there to collect the fee. The cove at Big

>Misery is a good spot to practice rescues.

No reason why we cannot stop there, but they often send someone over on the weekends to collect. I think we should support them but each to there own.

Al

Al Coons

Cetus-Red/White