Paddle around Portsmouth this weekend?

triplethreat

1st post here. Had an awesome time on our first trip with the club Sunday at the Soltice Paddle. Great meeting lots of new people. Thanks again, Dan , Deb, and Jason!

Carolyn and I are thinking of a day paddle around Portsmouth, Great Bay, Odiorne,.... We are pretty open to suggestions. We have done Odiorne to downtown Portsmouth a couple of times, so we were thinking of Odiorne to Rye or Odiorne north along the coast. Tomorrow Sat 6/30 low tide is 12:21PM in Portsmouth Harbor, so 11 am or so might be a good time to venture along the coast. High tide is at around 6PM.

Winds are going to be west 5 to 10 knots. 2-3 foot seas.

Thanks,

Mario

>Dont you mean high tide is 12:21? That's what my tide chart

>says?

>

>wish I was there

>---

>deep blue over white

>impex kevlar currituck

Yup. Now I know how to read the tide chart from the NSPN link. Hadn't used it before. Thanks!

So, low tide is 6:03, so we are NOW planning for an early morning kayak, to finish up at 1 PM or so. Anyone up for 8-9 AM at Odiorne?

Karen in Atkinson, never got your number Sunday. You said you might want to paddle over here in Portsmouth with Carolyn and me.

> Tomorrow Sat 6/30 low tide is

>12:21PM in Portsmouth Harbor, so 11 am or so might be a good

>time to venture along the coast.

Please excuse me if this is obvious and unneeded, but there is a bigger difference between Portsmouth Harbor and say Jaffrey Point than you might assume. Also, the currents and their timing is often a big issue around Portsmouth and they do not coincide with the tide level.

Odiorne at low tide, especially a Spring Tide is a pain to me.leaving and returning mid tide or higher is something I aspire to.

It is a nice area to paddle with variety. Of course I say that because it is the easiest place for me to go. York Harbor is a nice place to visit in the area as well. I am timid about traffic, all things actually, so I would pick Kittery or Fort Foster if wanting to go north from Portsmouth now that pleasure boaters are about in numbers.

Ed Lawson

>> Tomorrow Sat 6/30 low tide is

>>12:21PM in Portsmouth Harbor, so 11 am or so might be a good

>>time to venture along the coast.

>

>Please excuse me if this is obvious and unneeded, but there

>is a bigger difference between Portsmouth Harbor and say

>Jaffrey Point than you might assume. Also, the currents and

>their timing is often a big issue around Portsmouth and they

>do not coincide with the tide level.

>

>Odiorne at low tide, especially a Spring Tide is a pain to

>me.leaving and returning mid tide or higher is something I

>aspire to.

>

>It is a nice area to paddle with variety. Of course I say

>that because it is the easiest place for me to go. York

>Harbor is a nice place to visit in the area as well. I am

>timid about traffic, all things actually, so I would pick

>Kittery or Fort Foster if wanting to go north from

>Portsmouth now that pleasure boaters are about in numbers.

>

>Ed Lawson

Ed

Thanks for the suggestions. Appreciate your thoughts.

Regards,

Mario