Cohasset, Saturday June 30

djlewis

Paddling Cohasset this Saturday -- Minot Light (see what's up with the search diving), Picnic Rock, Little Harbor rip (at neap, but still fun), the marsh (pre-greenhead), etc. Arrive 10:00 for 10:30 launch. Express interest here or to djlewis aht triadic daht cahm.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/..._for_ancestors/

SnG/Private Trip rules apply.

--David.

Using the club's rating system, I'd say this is definitely level 3. It'll be open water, and depending on conditions out to Minot Light, a mile offshore. The current at Little harbor is fast but quite do-able. In fact, CRCK takes folks there for their version of level 2 training, so it's a good place to learn to handle significant but not overwhelming current, possible standing waves, etc. We will probably play some in the rocks, but anyone can choose to participate or not.

That said, this is a Private Trip/S&G, I am only facilitating, not leading, and you are responsible for your own decisions and their consequences.

--David.

Hi David,

I'd like to join you on the trip. I tried emailing you, but got the following error message from your email server:

You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator.

< cedant7.abac.com #5.7.1 SMTP; 554 5.7.1 Forbidden for policy reasons>

Can you tell me where the put-in is? You can contact me at jguion aht akamai daht com

Thanks,

Jim

The put-in is the ramp at the end of Parker Avenue... http://tinyurl.com/2rgleq

Driving directions are in the NSPN put-in section at http://www.nspn.org/play-put-ins.html.

We'll park on Border Street or behind the Lightkeeper's Residence Function Hall. (I'll check for permission there.)

Arrive 10:00 or earlier for 10:30 launch.

Weather's looking decent, but watch here for any possible cancellation.

--David.

David.

Thanks for your help last weekend. Hoping to make the SNG. In PA right now..incredible thunderstorms. Could almost kayak down the street.

Al

Al Coons

Eddyline Nighthawk

Red/White

I've checked with the Harbor Master previously about parking at Cohasset. He told me you can park behind the function hall and shouldn't have any problems as long as there isn't a function going on. Park towards the back under the trees. There is a boardwalk type walkway back to the parking lot and ramp.

Nelson

You're right about parking being OK in the unpaved part of the lot behind the Lightkeeper's Residence (Bancroft Hall) when there is no function going on.

Trouble is, on a weekend, there often is a function, especially in June, month of weddings. So, I usually call the contact person for the Residence and they tell me if there is a function, and if it's so large that they need the dirt part of the lot for overflow. If not, we can park there anyway. So far that's always been true. Plus, it's good PR for kayaking to get the permission explicitly.

That number is 781-383-1433. If the answering machine kicks in, just leave a message with your phone number, saying you want to park N cars for kayaking in the unpaved part of the Bancroft Hall lot on such-and-such a date. The lady in charge will get back to you pretty quickly.

--David.