Full Moon (almost) paddle Friday oct. 6th. UPDATE

PeterB

Moonlight paddle. Pavilion Beach/Essex Bay Fri. Oct 6

Launch from Pavilion Beach at @ 6:30 (dusk, one hour after low tide.) for a relaxed, moonlight paddle. Options are to paddle along Cranes Beach , into Essex bay, stop at tip of Cranes or Hog Island for a snack, putter around Essex Bay bymoonlight , return to Pavilion through Fox Creek.

Or, if water’s bumpy:

Linger around Plum Is. Sound or Fox Creek, pass into Essex Bay when Fox Creek fills (should be early with high tide) paddle to Hog Is. and back through Fox Creek.

Return 9;30-10:00-ish. Flexible.

High tide is 11:23 PM, low tide is 5:33 PM.

It’s supposed to get a bit chilly, dress warmly , and for the swim. I’m going to pull out the drysuit. Bring lightsticks. Level 3-ish.

If it’s a no-go, I’ll be at Pavilion 6:15-ish in any event. If cloudy and bumpy, will cancel. I can be reached by email pbrady@neaq.org, or cell phone 617-877-5824 Peter

Peter I'd love to join you . . . was just thinking the other night that it'd be nice to do a night paddle - haven't done one in awhile . . . what time do you plan on launching? also shoot me an email w/ your phone number and i'll reply with mine so we can keep in touch closer to the date in case anything changes . . .gilliankirstel2003@yahoo.com

great idea!

>

>Portsmouth: Gerrish Island, launch from Frisbee Wharf,

>Either a relaxed paddle out and back along Gerrish, or do

>a circumnavigation (high tide is at @ 11:30 PM, so return

>would be a bit late, no earlier than 11PM )

Not sure if I could do this given trip over weekend, but I have been thinking of something similar for Portsmouth as in the following. Maybe launch in time to go out to Woods or to one of the ledges past it and have a picnic dinner as the sun goes down behind harbor. Eat, chat, take pictures, then off up the coast and into braveboat harbor and back. I prefer clockwise, but tides will always be against that at full moon. I suppose you could launch late at Kittey ramp, go up Chauncey, practice landing at a dock, have lobster or whatever at http://www.chaunceycreek.com/, pracitce getting into kayak from dock, and then complete loop clockwise. With decent weather, should be a neat/fun trip either way. Great way for paddlers in club to hang out and have fun together while on a paddling trip. I mean, it is a paddling club..right?

BTW, the Gerrish loop race is scheduled for Oct. 7th. Saw notice on a tree when there on Wed.

Ed Lawson

HA - well I can't roll anywhere but upside down :) Thanks for the chaperone Ed, Peter and I promise it's not a date although looking back at my response it sure sounded like I was going to show up with champagne and strawberries!

:)

Peter, any interest in a paddle around Salem Friday night? We're paddling the Merrimac on Saturday and I was thinking that it's going to be too tiring for me to paddle the Merrimac on Sat. with such a late night paddle on Friday . . ..